The Global Legal team is responsible for administering Hilton's legal activities to ensure maximum protection while engaging in global business and ensuring compliance with the company's legal obligations.What will I be doing?
As Counsel, Enterprise Transactions, you will be responsible for providing daily legal support for ongoing operational elements of our business, with your primary focus centering on drafting, negotiating, and advising on sophisticated commercial and enterprise transactions for various internal clients including Corporate Procurement, Global Brands and Commercial Services teams. You will be an integral part of a bright and dynamic team providing broad transactional counsel and advice on a wide array of matters, including sustainability and responsible sourcing!
More specifically, you will:
What are we looking for?
- Review, negotiate and draft a variety of agreements, including master agreements for the supply of goods and services, along with various sponsorship, agency, and partnership agreements.
- Provide legal advice and counseling on contract interpretation, strategy, and legal risks.
- Working with members of the Legal and ESG team, further develop internal processes, procedures, and tools (including automation tools) to make contracting more efficient.
- Provide legal advice and counsel to business partners on areas of subject matter expertise, including laws, regulations, and risks associated with commercial transactions, marketing, and advertising, technology, and privacy and data protection matters.
- Participate in Hilton Legal’s centralized contracting team, including the development of legal guidelines, training, and self-help reference materials.
- Advise and counsel on environmental, social, and corporate governance matters related to enterprise transactions.
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Strong writing, communication, and leadership skills
- Strong work ethic and a desire to consistently perform at the highest level
- A creative, business-minded, and strategic method to problem-solving and performance improvement within the department
- A highly developed desire to support an inclusive and diverse workforce
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with people from different backgrounds and cultures
- The drive to provide outstanding customer service, with consistent attention to detail and the initiative to ensure responsive support
- The ability to prioritize and undertake multiple projects and critical tasks with contending pressures in a fast-paced environment
It would be useful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Juris Doctor from an ABA-accredited law school
- Two (2) to four (4) years of proven experience, which should include practicing law at a leading law firm or corporation as a transactional attorney, either in a Corporate or Law Firm environment with experience leading successful contract negotiations
- Admitted to practice law, active and in good standing with the Virginia State Bar, or with another state bar and registered, or be eligible to register, as in-house counsel with Virginia State Bar
- Experience negotiating contracts and reviewing legal documents
- Experience interacting with business partners and developing trust
- Outstanding writing ability, attention to detail, proofreading skills, and strong interpersonal skills
- Detailed understanding of key legal concepts and can seamlessly relay them to business partners
What is it like working for Hilton?
- Experience with commercial contracts and contract management processes
- Experience in providing legal advice on procurement and supply chain management
- Experience negotiating co-marketing agreements, partnerships, and sponsorship agreements
- Experience negotiating with Fortune 100 counterparties
- Experience with the hospitality industry
- Experience with franchise business models
- Experience with privacy and data protection laws and regulations
- Spanish proficiency is a plus
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton
: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands
. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits
such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive
environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog
to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of their role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.