*Before you apply this position, please make sure that you have above business level Korean and English.
With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
The Director of Human Resources operates the Human Resources functions in accordance to government policies, Hilton brand requirements and hotel related policies. This role works closely with the hotel General Managers and the Executive team to work out human capital strategy plans, build up effective performance evaluation systems, recognition programs and talent development methods to form a high performance team to achieve hotel business targets and improve employer brand.
What will I be doing?
As the Director of Human Resources, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Establish HR strategy plans and lead the HR team to achieve HR objectives based on the hotel’s annual strategy plan.
• Adjust and improve the human capital plan and HR operations to support business requirements.
• Ensure that the department’s activities are aligned with the corporate HR strategy, and that the hotel‘s actions have been implemented where appropriate.
• Establish, maintain and ensure adherence to all personnel-related policies and procedures.
• Work with the Executive team to establish and review hotel rules and regulations, being responsible for the related trainings, communication and execution.
• Support the financial objectives of the hotel through proper and efficient management.
• Prepare the annual HR budget and monthly rolling forecast, ensuring that the department's operational budget is strictly adhered to, all costs are controlled, and expenditures are properly approved.
• Propose effective performance evaluation systems and recognition programs to encourage team members to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognizing them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
• Fully in charge of all HR functions’ and departments’ daily operations and team management.
• Responsible for HR team member trainings and development, ensure that they work under the guidance of proper procedures.
• Create an open-door environment in the hotel to drive effective communication.
• Ensure that HR personnel provide the appropriate level of professionalism, courtesy and care to other team members (internal guests) and other visitors to the division.
• Assist and coach department heads to improve leadership skills in the department’s team management.
• Ensure that team members follow all hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations.
• Assist the department to manage team members, maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, adhering to hotel and department grooming standards.
• Represent the hotel in union negotiations and related activities, working closely with the regional HR team and the hotel Management team accordingly.
• Able to understand the market situation and take effective actions to make adjustments.
• Assist the General Manager to maintain a good relationship with the hotel owner.
• Oversee the hotel's recruitment and selection process, providing department managers with effective and efficient recruitment solutions.
• Look for creative cooperation methods with different talent service channels to improve recruitment effectiveness and enhance hotel brand image.
• Work with the Operations department to maximize labor work efficiency, and control labor costs.
• Participate in outsourced labor contract signing procedures, assist the Operations department to monitor service quality and payment.
• Propose and implement the competitive compensation and benefits structure.
• Guide Learning & Development Managers to enhance training systems in the hotel, assisting to develop training skills of qualified department trainers and the managers.
• Periodically conduct talent reviews with managers and implement succession programs and high potential development plans.
• Guide and coach department managers to manage the team well, improving team performance and moral.
• Cultivate hotel and brand culture, unifying team member behaviors, procedures and policies, influencing the team with positive feedback.
• Ensure that the hotel is adheres to all company / hotel HR policies and procedures, including hygiene, safe and security policies.
• Ensure that team member facilities are maintained according to Hilton’s high standards of operation.
• Maintain safety and cleanliness of work areas and team member areas, including but not limited to the team member kitchen and locker rooms.
• Supervise the Team Member Canteen Chef to operate the canteen kitchen, meeting related standards, good cost control, and serving a variety of high-quality food to team members.
• Manage the team member dormitory and create safe and secure living conditions for team members, implementing the dormitory check system and entertainment activities to encourage the THRIVE life for team members.
• Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• The Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
What are we looking for?
A Director of Human Resources serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• Bachelor’s degree and above.
• Minimum 2 year of experience in a similar position with an international brand hotel.
• Strategic thinking and good analysis and planning skills.
• Open minded and a team player.
• Good communication skills.
• Fluent in written and spoken Korean & English to meet business needs.
• Good relationship with the local labour bureau and government agencies.
• Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local labor laws.
• Thorough knowledge of HR modules and department operations.
• Able to coach and develop others.
• Good basic business and financial sense.
• Strong ownership and result driven.
• Good organization and presentation skills.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!