With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
The Food & Beverage Manager has the key responsibility of ensuring that all Food & Beverage outlets, Conference and Banqueting operations are managed as successful independent profit centers, ensuring maximum guest satisfaction and consistency in line with Hilton International standards. This role will achieve these through the key strategies of planning, controlling, organizing and marketing.
What will I be doing?
As the Food & Beverage Manager, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Ensure that each food and beverage outlet and conference and banqueting event is managed in line with key service standards and specified profit margins as an independent profit centre.
• Ensure that each outlet is managed by a team who are totally accountable for the profitability and service standards achieved.
• Coordinate the formulation of the annual operating budget in determining outlet projected revenues and expenses, manning, operating equipment and FF&E requirements in line with the annual business plans, supported by key marketing plans as well as revenue driven initiatives.
• Provide accurate and realistic forecasts and updates on anticipated changes in the business whenever appropriate.
• Ensure that supplier liaison with the Purchasing Officer ensures maximum support with regards to sponsorship, marketing and pricing initiatives.
• Monitor all costs and recommend measures to control them.
• Ensure that the department operational budget is strictly adhered to.
• Ensure that all outlets and banquets are managed efficiently according to the established concept statements.
• Closely monitor productivity levels through productivity schedules in each outlet and take immediate corrective action if necessary.
• Monitor and control vacation planning for the department.
• Monitor, control and minimize overtime for the department.
• Ensure that the minimum operating standards are adhered to in order to achieve the level of service established in the departmental operations manual.
• Maintain and amend where appropriate all SOPs in line with company brand standards and outlet requirements.
• Work with the Outlet Managers, Banquet Service Managers and all respective Chef de Cuisines to take corrective action where necessary.
• Handle all guest complaints, requests and enquiries on food, beverages and services, adhering to established and clearly defined procedures and protocols.
• Take personal responsibility for maintaining and revising the policies and procedures manual associated with the department and inter dependent departments to ensure no ambiguity.
• Establish a rapport with guests. maintaining good customer relationship.
• Coordinate the formulation of the annual marketing plan to establish a list of marketing activities in line with the annual business plan, supported by appropriate advertising and promotion budgets from suppliers.
• Ensure that all Food & Beverage forms and reports are completed and forwarded to the relevant office in a professional and timely manner.
• Conduct monthly departmental meetings and daily operations briefings with Outlet Managers.
• Maintain good working relationships with colleagues and all other departments.
• Have complete understanding of the team member handbook and ensure that team members adhere to the regulations contained within.
• Train and develop Outlet Managers so that they are able to operate independently within their own profit centres.
• Ensure that each Outlet Manager plans and implements effective training programs for their team members with the Training Manager and Departmental Trainers.
• Develop F&B marketing activities and promotions in close cooperation with Outlet Managers, the Executive Chef and the Marketing Communications Manager.
• Conduct annual PDR for direct reports and ensure process is followed through by all Outlet Managers.
• Ensure that all team members report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badge at all times.
• Have a complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel’s policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
• Be the key person in driving the hotel’s Food Safety Management System (FSMS).
• Ensure that one of the key responsibilities of all direct reports is to focus on the 9 high risk policies as well as to give Health and Safety compliance top priority.
• Ensure that full compliance is maintained in all aspects of Health and Safety within the hotel and any identified shortfalls are addressed with due priority.
• Assist in the building of an efficient team of team members by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development.
• Ensure that all team members provide courteous and professional service at all times.
• Assist in the training of team members ensuring that they have the necessary skills to perform their duties with maximum efficiency.
• Ensure that all team members have a complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel’s policy relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
• Carry out bi-yearly inventory of operating equipment.
• Adhere to the hotel’s security and emergency policies and procedures.
• Ensure that all team members have a complete understanding of and adhere to the hotel’s team member rules and regulations.
• Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• The Management reserves the right to make changes to this job description at its sole discretion and without advance notice.
What are we looking for?
A Food & Beverage Manager serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• 5-8 years as Head of Food & Beverage in a 4 / 5-star category hotel or individual restaurants with high standards.
• Good command in English, both verbal and written to meet business needs.
• Working knowledge of mathematics.
• Familiar with computer systems.
• Relevant knowledge of food and beverage.
• Motivated and committed, approaching all tasks with enthusiasm and seize opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve personal performance.
• Flexible and responds quickly and positively to changing requirements including the performance of any tasks requested of you.
• Maintain high team focus by showing cooperation and support to colleagues in the pursuit of team goals.
• Knowledgeable of Food & Beverage and Conference & Banqueting operations and skills.
• Strong leadership, people management and training skills.
• Guest oriented and able to confidently build and exceed service standards.
• Thorough knowledge of services, cost control in F&B, labour controls, beverage menu writing, maintenance, merchandising, computer and accountings.
• Strong interpersonal skills and attention to details.
• Key strengths in people management communication and planning.
• Thorough knowledge of food and beverage operations including food, beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques, and guest interaction.
• Considerable skill in math and algebraic equations using percentages.
• Able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing, with guests and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact, and diplomacy to defuse anger and to collect.
• Able to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.
• Able to walk, stand, and /or bend continuously to perform essential job functions.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!