The historic Arizona Biltmore
is looking for a Sous Chef
to join the Banquet Culinary Team!
Located in the heart of the prestigious Biltmore neighborhood in Phoenix since 1929, this gorgeous 39-acre property reopened in May 2021 after undergoing a $100 million renovation
. This iconic hotel has over 700 rooms, over 200,000 square feet in banquet space, and 8 food and beverage outlets (including 2 restaurants, 2 pools, 2 bars, a gelato shop/café, and in-room dining).
Glamour has always been on the menu at the Biltmore with events ranging from 5 up to 12,000 people. Whether our guests choose to celebrate in an elegant ballroom, the storied Aztec Room or by a chic firepit under the stars, our guests can be assured of a memorable occasion amongst this captivating blend of old-school glamour and effortless chic.
The ideal candidate will be an inspiring leader with passion, dedication, a proven ability to lead a medium to large team, excel in working quickly with precision, and a hunger to learn. At least two (2) years of prior leadership experience in a high-volume, upscale kitchen is required. Want to learn more? Hotel Website , Instagram , Facebook What will I be doing?
As Sous Chef, you would be responsible for assisting with the direction and oversight of all culinary operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, a Sous Chef would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Assist the Executive Chef in the direction and oversight of all culinary operations, to include, but not limited to, preparation and production of all hotel meals, food quality and presentation, compliance with all safety and sanitation standards and regulation, team member productivity and performance, implementation of policies and procedures, cost controls and overall profitability
- Create and implement menu selections for special banquet themes and events based on current food trends and regional tastes in partnership with the Executive Chef and Director of Food and Beverage, as needed
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, local and company health, safety, sanitation and alcohol awareness standards
- Assist in monitoring and developing team member performance to include, but not limited to, providing supervision, conducting counseling and assisting with evaluations, training, scheduling and assigning work and delivering recognition and reward
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!The Benefits
- Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as:
- Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
- Health insurance
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Go Hilton travel discount program
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Supportive parental leave
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Debt-free education : Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)