A Porter at Hilton Mainz provides consistently-delivered exceptional customer service to Guests, ensuring a fantastic welcome to all our guests What will I be doing?
As a Porter at Hilton Mainz, you will provide consistently-delivered exceptional customer service to Guests, especially welcoming and assisting guests with any of their queries, to ensure a very comfortable stay as well as transferring and storing of luggage. Our Porters interact with Guests and contribute to the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Ensure an exceptional friendly welcome
- Ensure laundry support is provided when required, complete with all wash cycles, folding and storage
- Offer consistent, high standard service and assistance to Guests and maintain a lobby presence that offers courteous and attentive service
- Ensure that individual customers and Groups receive fast, efficient and friendly service
- Ensure that either the Head Porter or Concierge Supervisor on duty are kept fully aware of any relevant feedback from either the customers or other departments
- Ensure messages and faxes are regularly delivered throughout the day
- Assist with room moves and luggage deliveries and man the Front Door, following all standard operating procedures
- Ensure the effective handling and storing of long-term and short-term luggage for arriving/departing Guests and clients
- Maintain public areas and all equipment in immaculate condition
- Communicate with Security regarding any unattended luggage
- Greet all guests in public areas and rooms in a warm manner
Porters serving Hilton Mainz is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Fluent German & English language skills
- Positive attitude and communication skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own and as part of a team
- Commitment to respond to Guest requests and deliver high levels of service
- Excellent grooming standards
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Previous experience in similar role
- Previous experience working within a hotel
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!