Forge your legacy by joining the newest and highly anticipated Waldorf Astoria hotel, located at the epicenter of D.C. on Pennsylvania Avenue, as a Pastry Cook
on the Culinary
The iconic Old Post Office has been reimagined as Waldorf Astoria Washington DC – reclaiming its position as one of Washington, D.C.’s preeminent addresses where all are welcome. With 263 rooms, 38,000 square feet of event space, and 2 restaurants plus 3 bars, this is the new home for Washington, D.C.’s most consequential events, groundbreaking meetings, and unforgettable experiences.
Want to learn more? Hotel Website
- Shift: Various – must be available to work weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- Union Position: This position is part of the Local 25 Union which requires complete open availability. We are not able to accommodate schedule restrictions and full-time hours are not guaranteed. Hours and schedule are based on seniority and business needs and may be minimal at times until seniority is established. You must be comfortable with a schedule and hours that may vary from week to week.
, Instagram What will I be doing?
As a Pastry Cook, you would be responsible creating, preparing, producing and baking all pastries, breads, rolls and desserts for food and beverage outlets in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Prepare pastry food items according to designated recipes and quality standards
- Maintain cleanliness and comply with food sanitation standards
- Stock, maintain and ensure proper storage and refrigeration of an adequate supply of all prepared product
- Develop new products for a-la-carte and catering menus, as needed
- Practice correct food handling and food storage procedures according to federal, state, local and company regulations
- Display and set baked products on mobile carts according to specifications
- Prepare daily requisitions for supplies and food items
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!The Benefits
– Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as:
*Please note, benefits may vary depending on the classification and union status of the position.
- Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
- Health insurance
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Go Hilton travel discount program
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Supportive parental leave
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Debt-free education : Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)