The award-winning Forbes 4-Star and AAA 5-Diamond Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort & Club
is looking for a Personal Trainer
to join the Spa & Fitness
Located in the beautiful coastal town of Dana Point adjacent to Laguna Beach, this town played an iconic role in the emergence of California's surf culture and today is celebrated for its laid-back vibe and fun, active lifestyle.
The resort is perched on 175 acres atop a 150-foot seaside bluff with over 400 rooms, 115,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting space, and 8 food and Beverage outlets. This includes 4 restaurants, a beach club, lounge, marketplace, and IRD.
- Classification: Full-Time
- Shift: Various – must have availability to work mornings, evenings, and weekends.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated to increase clientele and assist with creating wellness programing. At least five (5) years experience as a personal trainer and comfortable with coaching group training sessions is required. Must be a Nationally Certified Personal Trainer (preferable with NASM, ACSM, and NCSA
). A bachelors degree in kinesiology is a plus.Want to learn more? Hotel Website
, Instagram What will I be doing?
As a Personal Trainer, you would be responsible for teaching and facilitating fitness classes offered to members and guests in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Provide, teach and facilitate individual and group exercise instruction and workouts for members and guests
- Ensure safe exercise practice through observation, correction, assistance and answering questions
- Ensure current knowledge of exercise techniques and trends
- Conduct opening and closing procedures, as needed
- Greet guests and respond to guest inquiries and service issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Maintain cleanliness of work area including, but not limited to, the facility, locker rooms, studios, machines and equipment in accordance with federal, state, local and company standards
- Assist in monitoring facility use to ensure guest safety
- Perform general Club duties, as needed
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!The Benefits
– Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits. Hilton offers its eligible team members a comprehensive benefits package including:
*Available benefits may vary depending upon property-specific terms and conditions of employment and the terms of the collective bargaining agreement if applicable. Pay Range: The hourly rate is $15.50 per hour + comission rate and is based on applicable and specialized experience and location.
- Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
- Medical Insurance Coverage – for you and your family
- Mental Health Resources
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Go Hilton travel discount program
- Supportive parental leave
- Matching 401(k)
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Debt-free education : Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs