The New York Hilton Midtown
is hiring a Rooms Experience Manager
. Come join our Events and Reservations Team! The Rooms Experience Manager will work with clients and various departments to fulfill the terms of contracts related to guestrooms. This person will keep accurate records of contracts and manage group room block inventory. Excellent communication skills and a collaborative can-do attitude are a must! One year minimum experience in hotel Front Office and/or Reservations is necessary, OnQ experience is highly desired.What will I be doing?
You will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Review executed contracts and documents pertaining to room blocks, cut-off dates, concessions, and attrition clauses.
- Confirm room block details with client via turnover letter.
- Greet and educate clients on services offered, including Passkey, Group 360, GRIP, OnQ, and other platforms.
- Maximize hotel revenues by monitoring inventory, upselling, and enforcing cutoff dates
- Communicate clearly with various departments
- Manage payment requirements with standard invoicing and process/communicate payment with Finance as contractually stipulated. Responsible for collection of attrition charges and posting of Hilton honors points following conclusion of the event.
- Function as the on-site contact to client and address challenges or concerns immediately
- Build group codes and manage inventory in the reservations system, ensure booking link is active and accurate.
- Process rooming lists with off-site Reservations Team; monitor room blocks, special reservation requirements, routing and changes to rooming lists.
- Prepare and send Cut-Off Letters & Letters of Guarantee.
- Interact daily with “Event Experience manager” to facilitate group and catering reservations, as needed, or in the absence of the Event Experience Coordinator.
- Interact with group contacts as necessary, providing rooming lists and pickup reports.
- Prepare and distribute weekly, monthly and annual reports, including but not limited to the Group Pickup Reports and GRIP, etc.
- Review and audit processed rooming lists to ensure room type assignment, payment routing and special requirements are consistent to customer needs
- Organize and oversee client requests such as amenity drops, welcome letters, easels, registration tables, meal vouchers etc.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
Meaningful Benefits for Your Career and Well Being
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
We support the well-being and performance of Team Members with industry-leading rewards, recognition and support to meet their needs:
- Competitive Salary
- Best-In-Class PTO (paid time off)
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Health and Welfare Benefit Plans
- 401(k) + match
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Go Hilton - Team Member Travel Discounts
*This information is a highlight of the major benefits offered. Wages, retirement and paid time off benefits are specific to your location and position.