Our Development team helps our owners in every stage of designing, building, and managing their unique properties. Owners are able to take advantage of our global, innovative expertise to develop one of the leading brands in hospitality.What will I be doing?
The Senior Manager Development will work with the Luxury, Resort & Mixed-Use Development team for North America. Responsibilities will include completing thorough analysis and market intelligence to identify new sources for new franchise and management opportunities and assisting the team with pre-fieldwork and fieldwork. The role holder will coordinate Hilton's presence at lodging conferences, internal/external events, and showcases and present Hilton branded product opportunities to owners and investors, both with development team members and on their own.
More specifically you will:
What are we looking for?
- Identify & evaluate business opportunities for further expansion of our luxury, resort, and mixed-use brands and support with establishing strategies and directions for the area.
- Support the planning, development, and coordination of the region’s sales activities to advance Company goals including strategies in select markets for deal-specific unique opportunities
- Streamline business processes to enhance efficiency and effectiveness within the department including establishing and implementing measurements of procedures and processes relating to the team's development goals.
- Conduct market-specific research and compile reports for Development including analytic information packs.
- Travel to showcase Hilton branded products to investors and represent Hilton at tradeshows and industry events.
- Organize meetings and events with external partners to increase awareness of Hilton’s positioning in the market and communicate key messages to partners as required.
- Assemble and circulate all analytics related to growth and pace as needed including external analytics contributions for events, conferences, and forums such as ALIS, NYU, and Lodging.
- Perform all reporting work including updating O2O, follow up on ads and keep organized records of all market visits, meetings, competitive analysis, etc.
- Redact Investment Committee approval requirement forms for internal documentation.
- Maintain and promote good team member relationships including within Legal, Business Analytics, AD&C, Operations, Feasibility, Brand, Communications, and other Hilton departments to streamline the development process
- Create and develop visual presentations for the Development team. Pulls, researches, or enters data into spreadsheets and/or databases
- Coordinate the onboarding activities for new and/or transferring team members into the department
- Complete special projects as required
We seek a self-starter who is well-organized, detail-focused, and confident. Someone willing to take ownership of responsibilities and possess a high level of positive energy and drive.
We believe success in the role will be demonstrated through the below skills and attributes:
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Ability to create and maintain effective relationships and foster collaboration with key partners.
- Excellent presentation, public speaking, and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively within a global corporate structure, deliver presentations to various internal and external audiences, and demonstrate a track record of working across a range of cultures and languages.
- Ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with those involved in developing hotels (high net worth individuals, legal professionals, and all levels of corporate and real estate executives). Ability to stay calm and effective under pressure.
- Ability to evaluate and identify opportunities from a strategic perspective, including the ability to develop, prioritize and implement plans to meet this position’s core goals. Strong analytical, quantitative, and data management skills are essential. Ability to interpret and analyze financial statements.
- Strong attention to detail, accuracy, and quality of work. Absolute discretion and confidentiality regarding sensitive information. Highly motivated self-starter. Ability to work independently but also effectively in a team.
- Exceptional organizational skills including being able to handle several projects at once.
- Able to take direction with minimal explanation and to understand concepts quickly.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office software (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and the ability to accurately analyze and input data to such software/systems.
- Due to the confidential nature of the Development function, absolute discretion must be exercised with all documents and information
- Ability to occasionally work unusual hours when the department is faced with critical deadlines
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Six (6) years of professional experience including
- Four (4) years of hospitality management and/or residential development experience
- Three (3) years of Managerial / Project Experience
- 30% travel, including international
What is it like working for Hilton?
- BA/BS/Bachelor's Degree or MS/MA/Master’s Degree
- Eight (8) years of professional experience
- Six (6) years of residential development or hospitality management
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton
: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands
. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits
such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive
environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog
to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of their role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.