Holiday Inn Location:
United States, Texas, San AntonioHotel:
San Antonio-Riverwalk (SATRW), 217 North St. Mary's Street, 78205Job number:
103987 **Join our team and receive a $500 sign-on bonus during your first 90 days**
Do you see yourself as a Restaurant Steward?
What's your passion?
Whether you're into swimming, drawing or gardening, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
The Holiday Inn San Antonio Riverwalk is located in the center of downtown San Antonio. Our hotel is nestled along the beautiful banks of the San Antonio Riverwalk, as well as steps away from beautiful historical landmarks in the downtown area.Your day to day
Clean and sanitize plates, silverware, glassware, pots & pans, utensils and equipment, and work area in a timely manner.
What we need from you
- Clean designated equipment, such as hoods, filters, steam tables, bus tables, carts, ovens and grills, sinks, refrigerator/freezers, service areas, walls, floors, kitchen cafeteria dump site/compactor area as assigned. Use and dispose of kitchen substances (such as grease) and kitchen chemicals properly.
- Set up work station as required to include filling dish machine, checking chemical levels, presoaking, and gathering required set-up equipment for appropriate work stations. Replenish as needed for all shifts. Rinse/scrape all dishes. Operate dishwashing machine to manufacturer specifications and instructions. Place clean dishes in assigned storage location.
- Empty and clean trash cans when they become full; transport garbage containers from kitchen and work areas to dump sites; adhere to recycling regulations.
- Sweep and mop kitchen floor at the end of each meal period and after each spill.
- Monitor chemicals and water temperature during shift. Clean and organize associated work area and kitchen equipment according to procedures to maximize efficiency.
- Set up and monitor the pot sink according to procedures.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Catering, Banquets, Outlets, and Maintenance.
- May assist with other duties as assigned.
Basic reading, writing and math skills.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 75 pounds
- Standing up and moving about the kitchen or other designated areas
- Handling, objects, products, chemicals, cleaning supplies and utensils
- Bending, stooping, kneeling
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job. What you can expect from us
- Communicating with other people, following instructions.
- Reading abilities are utilized often when reading chemical or machine labels or operating instructions.
- Basic mathematical skills are used to mix chemical solutions.
- May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training. We offer free onsite parking, employee meals and so much more!
Our mission is to welcome everyone and create inclusive teams where we celebrate difference and encourage colleagues to bring their whole selves to work. IHG Hotels & Resorts provides equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability. We promote a culture of trust, support, and acceptance. Always welcoming different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
IHG gives every member of the team the room they need to belong, grow and make a difference in a collaborative environment. We know that to work well, we need to feel well – both inside and outside of work – and through our myWellbeing framework, we are committed to supporting wellbeing in your health, lifestyle, and workplace.
So, join us and you’ll become part of our ever-growing global family.Not Applicable for Colorado Applicants
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.
At IHG, we’ve made a promise. As one of the world’s leading hotel groups, we’re here to deliver True Hospitality for Good. Making our guests and colleagues feel welcome, cared for, recognised and respected – wherever they are in the world. Want to be part of the journey?
Travel is a journey. We help make it a joy.
Starting with a warm, inviting welcome for all guests, whether traveling on business or for fun, enjoying a quick night, or relaxing for the week. At Holiday Inn®️ we thrive on making our guests stays brighter, helping them create memories that will last a lifetime. Irresistible smiles are our specialty. We should know, we’ve been on our journey since 1952. So if you can help us spread the joy of travel to all, we’d love to give you a warm welcome to the Holiday Inn®️ family. Let’s Go Further Together.
Don't quite meet every single requirement, but still believe you'd be a great fit for the job? We'll never know unless you hit the 'Apply' button. Start your journey with us today and let's #GoFurtherTogether.