The restaurant MAMA MAKAN and its bar are the place to go for an authentic Indonesian all-day-dining experience. Together with the entire team, our #mamaloves taking guests on a culinary journey to Indonesia, experiencing the original dishes reminiscent to the menus on the walls of cafés in Jakarta.
MAMA MAKAN is looking for an enthusiastic F&B Team Leader!
What Mama seeks:
‘Good food is all the sweeter, when shared with good friends.’ is what Mama says. She is looking for a passionate F&B Team Leader who adds some flavor. Because it is not just about serving food or drinks. It’s about the whole restaurant experience. Someone who knows the menu by heart and will go out of his/her way to make sure Mama’s guests feel at home. The F&B Team Leader makes sure that all our guests are connected to what and who matters to them most. Someone who takes charge over the team,
ensures the care of all our guests and treats MAMA MAKAN as their own home.
What does the ROLE entail?
• Being in charge of the F&B outlets in absence of the F&B and (Assistant) Restaurant Manager;
• Being a hands-on supervisor, present at all times in the restaurant, especially during busy periods;
• Assisting in conducting monthly inventory checks on all operating equipment and supplies;
• Having a thorough knowledge and understanding of all menu items, and the ability to recommend combinations and upsell alternatives;
• Ensuring F&B outlets are kept clean and organized, both at the front as well as the back of house;
• Performing the function of cashier and responsible for Micros cashiering procedure;
• Balancing cash and credit card charges and remittance of cash to Front Office safe;
• Making necessary checks needed for specific events or functions;
• Ensuring outlets are operated in line with maximizing profit while delivering on the brand promise;
• Maintain a good working relationship with staff in the F&B department and all other departments;
• Work closely with other employees in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the hotel and the satisfaction of hotel guests;
• Exposing at all times a positive and motivated attitude;
• Assisting in building an efficient team of employees through specific and frequent trainings all year;
• Assist in giving employees regular feedback on their job performance where needed.
What’s in it for YOU?
• An entry to the Hyatt Family, a place where we care for people so they can be their best;
• 12 free nights at Hyatt hotels globally every year and 20% Discounts at our F&B outlets;
• A guest experience in your own city with a complimentary overnight stay, cocktails & dinner for two;
• Travel Allowance, starting from a 5 kilometers travel distance from the hotel.
• Uniform provided and laundry is taken care of in house.
• 25 Vacation days
“Our purpose is to care for people so they can be their best – and we believe wellbeing is the ultimate realization of our purpose”
• To support our colleagues mental wellbeing we provide access to “Headspace App” for all employees, free of charge as Hyatt's wellbeing assessment tool "Hyatt Well-Check"
• Social Activities; Team building outings, Sports/wellbeing activities
• Hotel gym access
“Careers at Hyatt don’t have to follow a traditional career ladder or path with one pace and following only one direction. Rather, they can be customized and adapted based an employee’s individual circumstances and take the form of a career lattice”
• International working experience with future international transfer happily facilitated.
• Personal development plan, in order to reach your full potential.
• A wide range of development tools through the Hyatt Learning platform for all colleagues; from e-learning to classroom sessions, Hyatt provides different solutions, depending on how you learn best (example: Excel courses, Leadership series etc.).
“Inclusion and diversity are at the core of our purpose and we are deeply involved in actions that create a culture of opportunity for all”
• An International team of over 15 different nationalities
• Focus on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion within our team. Through employee support groups (HyPride & Women@Hyatt), workshops and classroom trainings
EUR2200 per month for 38 hours per week (excluding 8% holiday allowance paid yearly)
#mamaloves you, because…
• 2+ years’ experience working in Hospitality, having already held a supervising role in F&B;
• A degree in Hospitality / Tourism, or equivalent on-the-job training;
• Great language and communication skills in English and (preferably) in Dutch;
• Encouraging and reassuring, you are a team player and you are all about the team effort;
• Experience working with a POS system;
• A flexible schedule, capable of working in evenings, weekends and/or holidays;
• Legally allowed to work in the Netherlands, holding an EU/EEA passport or a valid work permit for the country (we do not assist with Visa / permit applications).
The restaurant MAMA MAKAN and its bar are located inside the Hyatt Regency Amsterdam. The hotel features 211 guestrooms, including 13 suites on the beautiful Sarphatistraat in Amsterdam East. A place designed around the power of meaningful connections; a place for dynamic interactions.
Do you like what you read? Please send us your CV and all the reasons why #mamaloves YOU!
Idioma requerido: Inglés.
Located in the centre of Amsterdam and bordering the city’s trendy and exciting east neighbourhood, Hyatt Regency Amsterdam connects business with pleasure, and city with nature. An urban oasis, just minutes from Amsterdam’s iconic sites.
Spacious Rooms: 211 modern, well-appointed guestrooms including 15 suites with scenic views and club level spaces available.
Spaces that connect: Over 517 sq m of dynamic meeting and events spaces that make every get-together an energising and memorable experience.
Indonesian Delights: Inspired by the strong roots that bind Holland and Indonesia, on-site restaurant and bar Mama Makan offers refreshing Indonesian flavors in food and drink.
Convenient Location: Adjacent to hip East Amsterdam and set in the city’s cultural garden, steps from shops, restaurants, bars, attractions and business.
Peace of Mind: Hit the treadmill in the fully equipped 24 hour fitness centre or take running outdoors to the nearby Oosterpark.