Sobre el trabajo
About the Role
Night Porter, Malmaison
£11.91(incl TRONC & Retention Bonus)/ 32h/ 4days on - 4 days off
Malmaison Edinburgh City
The Night Porter is instrumental in overseeing the running of the hotel from sundown to sunrise. This is a hands on role managing the guest expectations and ensuring the standards of the brand are maintained.
As guests sleep sound in their beds, the Nights team keep everything running like clockwork. Your role as Night Porter will involve taking responsibility for the Food & Beverage Department of the hotel during the night, you will welcome our guests to the hotel in a friendly and helpful manner, ensuring that the public areas are kept immaculate - you will be cleaning public areas and preparing meeting and event spaces ready for the next day.
You will be assisting guests with their luggage, dealing with any inquiries and carrying out nightly Health and Safety audits. You will be organised, an excellent communicator.
Experience of working in a similar role is beneficial and experience of night shift work is essential.
We are open 7 days a week 365 days a year and need people to work a range of shifts and days - this means we can offer great flexibility if required. We are busier generally during evenings and weekends but shift patterns and contracted hours can all be discussed at interview.
If you are looking for career training, we offer nationally recognized apprenticeships which sit alongside our detailed brand training. We'll help you be 'The Difference' between good and great guest experiences.
Successful candidates for this role can look to progress through to Night Supervisory or Assistant Night Management roles.
In addition to competitive rates of pay we offer:
- Heavily discounted Staff Room Rates at Malmaison, Hotel du Vin and Frasers Hospitality with rooms available from £40 per night.
- Discounted Friends and Family Room Rate with 50% off best available rate.
- 35% off your bill when you dine in our Brasseries and Bistros
- Fully funded Apprenticeship programmes that support you in developing your career
- High Street Discounts on a range of high street shops, experiences, holidays and much much more
- Cycle to work scheme – save up to 40% on a wide range of bikes
- Healthcare Cash Plans - dental, optical, medical and more available from £5 per month
- Referral schemes that pay up to £1500 (just for getting your mates jobs!)
- A decent uniform that doesn’t make you look like an extra from a 70s TV sitcom.
- We have a Wellness & National Campaign Days Calendar which promotes and encourages activities like – Pay Day Lunches/Treats, National Popcorn Day, Mental Health Awareness week and more
- We work with Wagestream giving instant access to your pay as it’s earnt. Wagestream is a tool for everyday life that lets you get paid your way by letting you track your wages in real time, stream up to 50% of the money you’re already earned, learn easy tips to manage your money better and save direct from your salary
- We offer a Loyalty Bonus that pays up to 50% of your monthly salary every 6 months – just for doing your job 😊
- We also offer complimentary stays on your 1st, 3rd and 5th anniversary with Dinner, Bed & Breakfast
- We are a proud sponsor of The Burnt Chef Project raising money whilst developing our own Mental Health First Aiders (MHFA) – we have fully qualified MHFA in each property
- Employee Assistance Programme – free, confidential advice available 24/7 to you and your family
Our Sustainability Goals:
- 100% of our electricity is generated using renewable energy with most of it coming from Wind Farms around the UK
- We recycle a minimum of 70% of the waste from our hotels. This target is achieved by everyone I the hotel focusing on the waste we produce and is championed by our Sustainability Council who work on project year round
- We have moved to a chemical free cleaning system in our bedrooms and public areas and an enzyme based eco-friendly system for our kitchens.
- Volunteer to work for sustainable charities 2 days per year on full pay instead of your normal workplace
Interested?? Click Apply Now
Frasers Hospitality, Malmaison & Hotel Du Vin are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Departamento: Portero
A tiempo completo, Indefinido
Fecha de inicio:Lo antes posible
Fecha limite de comienzo: