Director of HR
Sobre el trabajo
We are looking for a Director of HR to join our pre-opening team at Mandarin Oriental, Costa Navarino, set to open in Spring 2023.
Mandarin Oriental, Costa Navarino is located on the southwest coast of the Peloponnese, one of the most unspoiled and breath-taking landscapes in the Mediterranean, and 45 minutes’ drive from Kalamata International Airport. The beachfront resort will be part of the sustainable resort destination of Costa Navarino, a well-established tourism destination which includes 3 other resorts. It will comprise 99 guest rooms, including 48 pool villas, all with outdoor terraces and sea views, along with five restaurants and bars.
As the Director of HR, you will be the business partner to the General Manager and ExCo team, accountable for translating business strategies into relevant and actionable HR plans. You will be responsible for building a cohesive Human Resources Team with competencies to deliver value-added HR solutions, which will create the MO culture to attract, retain and engage talents with an emphasis on creating colleague experiences that replicates the ones that MO would expect our guests to experience and to identify key performance measures to track the return on investment of HR programs and services.
The Director of HR will be responsible for the following:
- Formulation and implementation of the Human Resources strategy related to the hotel’s daily operational needs ensuring consistent guest services, colleague productivity, and safety while constantly striving for improvement.
- Formulation and implementation of the hotels involvement in the local community together with members of the Executive Team (EXCO).
- Development of colleagues through coaching, mentoring and general communications. To use the Balanced Score Card and other appraisal formats as tools for goals and target settings and to engage in feedback.
- Partner with the Senior Management team to devise, communicate and implement organizational structure, HR programs and activities that support ongoing business needs and deliver business outcomes;
- Provide effective HR tools and processes within the employee life cycle in the areas of recruitment, selection and orientation, learning and development, performance management, talent management and compensation and benefits programs with the goal to attract and retain quality, enthusiastic, and well-qualified colleagues who will deliver exceptional guest/colleague experience in line with our brand promise;
- Develop a strategy for recruitment taking into consideration the seasonality of the resort as well as retention of key colleagues.
- Develop a retention strategy and program for seasonal and non seasonal which is dynamic so that the turnover is reduced and the hotel is able to maintain its valuable colleagues.
- Define and communicate relevant HR metrics and/or KPIs to track the return on investment of HR programs and services;
- Keep abreast of newest trends and innovations in the marketplace and be aware of competitors.
- Responsible for the compliance of relevant local labour laws and legislations;
- Act as the agent of continuous transformation, shaping processes and a culture that together improve the organization’s capacity for change;
- Provide an infrastructure of planned training and development activity that meets the hotel, company and the individual.
- Responsible in driving the rationalization of both the fixed and variable Human Resources expenses. Ensure alignments with the financial objectives and forecasts
What are we looking for?
- Extensive Human Resources Experience in Hospitality operations. Experience in Luxury Hotels preferred.
- Human Resources certification.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, in Greek and English.
- Must be familiar and knowledgeable of Greek legislation and processes.
- Ability to assemble, analyse, understand integrated spreadsheets and complex technical information.
- Prioritization skills necessary to meet deadlines.
- Effective management, leadership, organizational and communications skills. Strong presentation skills.
- Proficiency in payroll and HR systems.
Advertised: GTB Daylight Time
- Departamento: Recursos Humanos