Atlanta Marriott Marquis, 265 Peachtree Center Ave., Atlanta, Georgia, United States VIEW ON MAP Schedule
Directs and motivates team while personally assisting in providing high quality service based on requirements and standards. Monitors and controls financial and administrative responsibilities including asset protection. Provides clear and concise communications to everyone having ownership in the success of the event. Identifies training opportunities and plans a strategy to accomplish goals.CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 2 years’ experience in the event management, food and beverage, or related professional area.CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Managing Banquet Operations
• Projects supply needs for the department, (e.g., tables, and chairs, banquet tables, meeting sets, props).
• Applies knowledge of all laws, as they relate to an event.
• Understands the impact of Banquet operations on the overall success of an event and manages activities to maximize customer satisfaction.
• Adheres to and reinforces all standards, policies, and procedures.
• Maintains established sanitation levels.
• Manages departmental inventories and maintains equipment.
• Schedules Event Services staff to forecast and service standards, while maximizing profits.
• Assists team in developing lasting relationships with groups to retain business and increase growth.Participating in and Leading Banquet Teams
• Sets goals and delegates tasks to improve departmental performance.
• Conducts monthly department meetings with the Banquet team.
• Applies and continually broadens knowledge of food and wine pairings and cuisine with emphasis on current event trends.
• Acts as a liaison to the kitchen staff.
• Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.Executing Event Services Operations and Maintaining Inventories
• Attends pre-event meetings as needed to understand group needs.
• Establishes consistent standards for meeting room sets and VIP meeting room sets.
• Conducts function room inspections prior to each function to verify the room is set according to specifications.
• Maintains cleanliness and sanitation standards in all event operation areas.
• Acts as a liaison between Banquets, Event Planning, Event Technology teams and the group contact throughout the event.
• Projects supply needs for the department (e.g., pads, pens, candy jars, bottled water/water pitchers).
• Coordinates routine maintenance to verify a quality meeting facility.
• Resolves issues and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements if necessary.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
• Leads shifts and actively participates in the servicing of events.
• Verifies function rooms are set according to event documentation (Banquet Event Orders, resumes, etc.) and customer requirements.Verifying and Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Encourages employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Verifies employees understand expectations and parameters.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
• Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Communicates and executes departmental and property emergency procedures and verifies staff are trained in safety procedures.
• Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals.
• Monitors progress and leads discussion with staff each period.
• Participates in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
• Reviews quarterly Meeting Planner Survey results and participates in the development and implementation of corrective action to address service challenges; focuses on continuous improvement of guest satisfaction.
• Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same within the team.
• Conducts associate performance appraisals and provides feedback as needed.
• Solicits associate feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns.
• Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Verifies property policies are applied fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Brings issues to the attention of supervisor and/or Human Resources as necessary.
• Verifies associates understand expectations and parameters.
• Delegates tasks to verify room sets are “on time” and meet Event Service Standards.Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Marriott International portfolio of brands includes both JW Marriott and Marriott Hotels.Marriott Hotels
, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly. As a host with Marriott Hotels, you will help keep this promise by delivering premium choices, sophisticated style, and well-crafted details. With your skills and imagination, together we will innovate and reinvent the future of travel. JW Marriott
is part of Marriott International's luxury portfolio and consists of more than 80 beautiful properties in gateway cities and distinctive resort locations around the world. JW believes our associates come first. Because if you’re happy, our guests will be happy. It’s as simple as that. Our hotels offer a work experience unlike any other, where you’ll be part of a community and enjoy a true camaraderie with a diverse group of co-workers. JW creates opportunities for training, development, recognition and most importantly, a place where you can really pursue your passions in a luxury environment. Treating guests exceptionally starts with the way we take care of our associates. That’s The JW Treatment™.