Descripción de empleo
Groups, Meeting and Events Coordinator
“Whatever story you choose, you are the star”
Job Title:Groups, Meeting and Events Coordinator
Job Summary: At INNSiDE, our Meeting and Events Coordinators are key to ensuring exceptional meeting and events are delivered seamlessly from initial enquiry and quotation handling, event planning and delivery, through to post-event feedback. The successful candidate will have excellent attention to detail and be results-oriented, ensuring maximum possible occupancy through quality bookings, ensuring average room rate is achieved at all times. They will manage overbooking, 1st and 2nd options on conference rooms, ensure all events are charged and tracked accurately, and be an effective relationship-builder establishing positive and lasting relationships with clients to win client loyalty.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Respond to enquiries within agreed response times
- Create quality proposals
- Event planning liaison with the operational teams
- Prepare and communicate BEOs with relevant detail
- Support site visits and show arounds for prospective clients
- Chasing payment, posting deposits, corrections and receipts
- Following up post-event for feedback with a future-sales mindset
About You! What are we looking for?
- Previous experience in a similar role, within a branded hotel background
- Experience with Opera PMS and Opera Sales and Catering
- Results Driven
- Effective communicator and relationship cultivator
Join our Company! Your Benefits include:
- A competitive salary and incentives
- Excellent discounts through our global My Melia Reward programme for you, your family and friends
- A health cash plan to claim money back and access lots of ways to support your physical and mental wellbeing
- Perkbox, with access to 1000s of deals and discounts
- Complimentary gym access to support your physical wellbeing (some restrictions at peak times)
- Lots of opportunities to develop and progress as part of our global family Melia Hotels International
- Training and learning academy through eMelia, with the opportunity to learn up to 12 different languages to support your growth!
- An array of diversity, inclusion, and social events and activities creating opportunities to celebrate, as "We're Social!" is one of our values
- Complimentary meals on duty
At Meliá Hotels International , you have the power to create your future. For us, the most important thing is your talent: We share the passion that makes you put your heart into everything you do, day after day. We are by your side to help you go beyond your limits, to celebrate every victory with you. Because together, we are the stars of our own stories.
At INNSIDE by Meliá , the boundaries between work and leisure disappear. Its innovative services and impressive spaces produce unique surprises. In an European design setting, its spaces open up to communication, creativity and the unexpected, encouraging business interactions and facilitating social experiences with little details that will satisfy all kinds of professionals. If you’d enjoy working in a modern, sophisticated environment, where design fuses with the latest trends creating memories which outlive our guest’s stay; and if you’d like to be part of an innovative, urban brand, delivering individual, professional and personalised service then there is no doubt about it: INNSIDE by Meliá is the brand for you
What will it be like to work for Meliá Hotels International?
Meliá Hotels International is unique among the 20 largest international hotel groups in having an origin in leisure and the ideal size to combine exceptional hospitality with management that is efficient and close to its stakeholders. All of this, along with our Spanish warmth and passion, makes us distinct and different.
At Meliá Hotels International you are the protagonist. The combination of your talent and your passion with our desire to grow by your side has no limits. Together, we will step forward with the strength of a great company. Together, we’ll turn the future into an amazing story.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, religion, age or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company.