“The world is yours with Meliá”
Joining Meliá is to embark on a journey without borders because the possibilities of growing and training here are endless. It is knowing that the world is yours and that you can work in many countries. And all with the feeling that you are part of a big family.
It means knowing that you have started one of the most exciting journeys of your life, a journey in which inspiration will always accompany you. Do you dare to be the owner of your professional career in an inspiring world? 😉🌟Job summary:
Become a part of our amazing Front Office team that creates distinctively different and authentic experiences for our guests. You will warmly and enthusiastically greet arriving guests and assist them with check in/out to ensure they are comfortable and feel welcome while also providing information. You will promote hotel services and amenities to the guests.What will I be doing?
What are we looking for?
- Check-in and check-out hotel guests in a timely and professional manner.
- Process all payments according to established procedures.
- Welcome guests in a friendly, prompt and professional manner.
- Register guests, issue room keys, and provide information on hotel services and room location.
- Answer phones in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Up-sell rooms when possible, to maximize hotel revenue.
- Accurately process all cash and credit card transactions in accordance with established procedures including but not limited to: posting all charges, completing cashier and other reports, preparing deposits, and counting/securing assigned bank.
- Communicate any outstanding guest requests or issues to management that may require additional monitoring or follow-up.
- Respond appropriately to guest complaints.
- Develop & optimizing online marketing initiatives to drive customer acquisition
Because belonging to the great Meliá family is being VIP
- Passion for the job
- Previous experience at the Front Office department is a plus
- Apprenticeship / training in hospitality
- English and French/German language skills, any other language would be an advantage.
- Positive attitude & outgoing personality
- Great conversational skills & teamwork-orientated
- Ability to understand guests' service needs.
- Ability to be well organized, maintain concentration, think clearly when multi-tasking and providing service to multiple guests and/or clients within any given period.
- Ability to focus on details.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
You will enjoy My MeliáRewards
which is the exclusive loyalty programme for our employees with exclusive benefits and advantages.
In addition, enjoy the My MeliáBenefits
programme: with flexible remuneration, exclusive discounts on a variety of products and services, active and healthy lifestyles, and charitable initiatives. Be as proud to belong to Meliá as we are of you 😉 At Meliá we are all VIP
Great professionals who make everyday life easier and exceptional. From the junior to the most senior, all of them have unique and important qualities that make working at Meliá an opportunity for constant growth and a passport to create your future wherever you want.
Our warmth, proximity and passion for what we do make working at Meliá an unforgettable experience, full of emotional moments and always with the feeling that you belong to a big family where we have people like you, VIP
People. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, religion, age, or any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a global company.
If you want to be “Very Inspiring People
“, follow us on: INSTAGRAM – TWITTER – LINKEDIN – INDEED – GLASSDOOR