Human Resources Director
Sobre el trabajo
Human Resources Director
420 Harriman Dr.
Goshen, New York, 10924
At LEGOLAND New York Resort – Earn AWESOME Benefits, Build AWESOME Memories, and Make an AWESOME Difference. With our Theme Park, Hotels, Mini-Land and more - the opportunities here at LEGOLAND are endless!
About the Role
Reporting to the Divisional Director you will be responsible for the operational delivery of LLNY Human Resource activities and People Strategy for the Resort that are aligned with the business goals. You will support in enabling all Model Citizens (MCs) to achieve high performance through attracting, growing and retaining top talent.
•The HR Director will create and drive the HR strategy and related activities for LLNY that will assist in the attainment of short- and long-term goals and provide strong leadership and direction for the HR function.
• The HR Director will ensure LLNY embraces strong people principles that lead to a diverse and inclusive workplace; act as a role model for The Merlin Way values; and collaborate with the leadership team to ensure the attainment of business objectives as it relates to people programs, processes and initiatives.
• You will create best in class recruitment; develop a talent pipeline for future succession; execute a staffing model that supports the needs of the business while ensuring maximum efficiency; and, offer learning and development opportunities that support the growth of LLNY MCs.
• Responsible for the HR function at LLNY that contributes to the achievement of the overall business objectives. The role will ensure clarity and consistency on the management of MC wellbeing, D&I, MC relations, L&D, engagement, recognition and pay.
• Create and drive the HR People Strategy that is aligned with Group HR and the business objectives of LLNY.
• Engage with key stakeholders to build and maintain effective relationships and work with, and as part of, the senior leadership team as a key contributor to business decisions and outcomes.
• Lead and manage all union related activity including the creation and adherence to the CBAs.
• Lead the HR team in providing HR advice, counsel and support that meets regulatory and legal requirements and adheres to Merlin policy. Mitigate employee related risk by exercising sound judgement and decision making.
• Ensure the right development, resources and procedures are in place that allow MCs to perform at a high level and deliver exceptional guest obsessed service.
• Lead and support the recruitment of key and senior appointments.
• Ensure that effective methods of measurement are in place and that key trends are identified and acted upon (for example, recruitment stats, retention, leavers, succession, attendance monitoring and employee relations.)
• Focus on employee engagement and fully utilize the feedback provided from the Wizard Wants to Know survey, ensuring that culture and engagement remain central on the people agenda, and among the senior leadership team.
• Ensure that key recognition processes and events are in place to effectively recognize and thank employees for their contribution and commitment and ensure our values are fully cascaded and embraced across LLNY.
• Lead the division’s Diversity & Inclusion plans to create a culture of inclusion and a breadth of diversity that reflects the consumer base.
• Responsible for all budgetary planning and expenditure within HR.
•Continually review the HR operation from a stakeholder perspective, providing operational teams with accurate and timely feedback.
• Regularly benchmark own performance against others within Merlin and competitors to establish best practice.
• Provide advice and assistance to managers on people management in order to create motivated and committed employees.
• Drive high levels of communication throughout the department & ensure that relevant information is cascaded throughout the HR team.
• Engage with the wider HR community and the NA People Hub to communicate and drive the Merlin people strategy and initiatives, as well as contribute to NA operational concerns relating to the harmonization of policies, procedures and practices.
• 12+ years progressive HR leadership with a minimum of 7+ years leading the HR function for a service organization with a large hourly workforce.
• Experience in working in a union environment managing CBAs and grievances.
• Strong business and HR acumen including exceptional problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and analysis.
• Excellent developer of relationships at a senior management level to be able to shape and deliver strategic people priorities.
• Excellent communicator who has a proven track record of building strong relationships with key stakeholders, peers and HR colleagues.
• Ability to manage against objectives and schedules, and plan to deliver against the big picture direction for the business.
• Strong team building, group facilitation, process improvement, and project management skills.
• Proven track record of working in a fast paced, customer facing, commercial environment within a HR role ideally within a multinational business.
• Strong skills in influencing, coaching and verbal and written communications.
Health and Safety
Merlin employees are responsible for the safety of themselves, their colleagues and guests (where appropriate), in line with the Group Policy (HS001) and the law. They must ensure that they follow safe working procedures for all work activities and must not use any tools or equipment for which they have not been trained. Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are reported to their line manager.
Here at Merlin, we do it all for the love of FUN and if that wasn’t enough, we also have these magical benefits, exclusive to our awesome employees; Merlin Magic Pass which give you free admission to Merlin attractions, discount in our retail shops and restaurants, opportunities for career development within our exciting global organization, and much more!
Who We Are
We're part of the Merlin Entertainments family - linking us to iconic brands such as Madame Tussauds, The London Eye, SEA LIFE and much more!
Here at LEGOLAND New York Resort We thrive on innovative thinking and big ideas!!! For that reason, this job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with this role. We create magic and invaluable experiences for our guests every day, and while this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of what you will do here with us, we cannot guarantee you that creating magical moments won’t come with new and amazing adventures that can make your day different! Come work with us and you will see how at LEGOLAND New York Resort no two days are the same.
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters! Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.
If you have any questions, concerns, or additional support needed to succeed in an interview, please get in touch with our friendly team to find out how we can help: LLNYR-HR@LEGOLAND.com.
- Departamento: Recursos Humanos
Human Resources Director
A tiempo completo, Indefinido
Fecha de inicio:Lo antes posible
Fecha limite de comienzo: