We are LEGOLAND California Resort - the place where FUN is built and memories are made. Across our Resort we have two fantastic LEGO themed Hotels, a Water Park, a SEA LIFE Aquarium, more than 60 rides and attractions, 20 food and beverage locations, and 14 retail stores – the opportunities here are endless!
About the Role
1. Performs prescribed maintenance procedures as directed such as: mowing, edging, pruning, hedging, raking, sweeping, weed and pest control.
2. Completes assigned tasks quickly and efficiently.
3. Uses assigned tools and power equipment in a safe and prescribed manner, avoiding misuse, breakage or loss.
4. Keeps tools, machines, and all other company equipment in clean and proper working order.
5. Reports broken or missing tools immediately to supervisor.
6. Loads and unloads work vehicles.
7. Applies granular chemicals and fertilizers after proper training and under the supervision of the Lead Gardener.
8. Provides training & coaching as needed to gardeners in his/her charge as well as being attentive to safety of self, fellow employees and the public.
9. Maintains liaison with fellow maintenance MCs and other departments.
10. Acts as a team lead for up to three gardeners and completes other duties as assigned.
Background and Experience:
Requires a minimum of three years of experience in the landscape field or a demonstrated level of expertise to fulfil the added responsibilities of Landscaper. Knowledge of safe work habits and a personal history of good safety practices are essential. This position requires the MC to take on additional responsibilities as assigned by the Landscape Lead or Landscape Supervisor. This position also requires leadership skills sufficient to act as a team lead for specific assignments for up to three gardeners. Requires advanced knowledge of horticultural practices and plant identification. Also requires an advanced level of task specific know how to include use of essential tools and equipment and a basic foundation of proper irrigation techniques and repair options. Requires the ability to observe and remember details. Ability to understand and follow directions in the English language. Requires the ability to maintain a friendly, polite, service oriented demeanor. Will be required to interact with the public and fellow employees.
High school graduate or General Education Degree (or equivalent education and experience) is required.
Must be willing to work occasional overtime to support park operations.
Must have valid driver’s license, safe driving record.
Everyone Matters at Merlin.
At Merlin we welcome the world to our magical attractions and resorts every day and we want to reflect that same multicultural mix inside our business too. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse workplace where people can be themselves, have the same opportunities and thrive together. Because at Merlin, everyone matters! Together, we work to create a workplace where everyone feels valued, no matter their age, race, gender, disability or sexual orientation. Although we understand that we'll always be learning and growing, we aim to be the most inclusive and flexible employer in our industry.
Alongside company paid holidays, you can also look forward to enjoying a great benefits package, free tickets to Merlin attractions globally and 30% discount in our retail shops and restaurants.
Compensation for the opportunity is $23.50
*Compensation Rates are dependent upon skills and experiences related to the opportunity*
We want to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to perform their best at interview, so if you have additional requirements due to disability or ill health please get in contact with LLC.HumanResources@legoland.com.