The purpose of this position is to act as liaison between the meeting planner and all operating departments to ensure a high standard of organization and guest service throughout all convention and banquet meeting areas. This position should anticipate and act upon all clients needs. Demonstrate high energy levels & provide consistently high levels of customer service, in accordance with Sheraton European Standards & Programs.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Accurate and timely delivery of orders to guests
• Active problem solving approach
• Close working relationship with interlinked departments
• Effectively managing workload (multi-tasking / time management)
• Liaise with sales and events teams on any corporate or group issues and action as required, maintaining communication internally.
• Maintain and adhere to billing policies and procedures
• Maintain effective and appropriate liaison with clients whilst on property.
• Maintain positive teamwork at all times
• Making reservations, transport arrangements etc to key accounts
• Manage cultural needs and expectations of guests
• Perfect knowledge of Sheraton Brand initiatives and standards
• Preparing daily to-do list, making note of all group contacts, meeting rooms and start times
• Project a pleasant and positive and professional image to all contacts at all time
• Reviewing BEO and reconfirming scheduled breaks / other activities, making adjustments where needed
• Review all relevant written communications (Function Sheets, Function Report) and verifies accuracy of room sets.
• Taking care of meeting professionals during their entire on-site experience, facilitating last minute changes and issues with operational departments
• Telephone standards to be adhered to at all times
• Understanding and effectively managing needs and expectations of different groups utilizing hotel
• Up selling and identification of additional revenue opportunities
• An allowance of 550€ /month (overseas students) and 350€ /month (Belgian students)
The Sheraton Brussels Airport Hotel offers you the opportunity to join the Marriott group and to immerse yourself in its values, which are open to the whole world, in order to develop an international professional career.
During your internship period, you will be entitled to:
• 5 pieces of clothes to clean/week
• Meals during working hours
• Transportation from the hotel to the residence in Belgium
• Knowledge of room set up standards
• Knowledge of Event details
• Knowledge & Skills of available Business Centre Services
• Knowledge of F&B Outlets and Banquet Menus
• Responds appropriately to guest needs during hours of operation
• Displays comprehensive computer skills
• Knowledge of competitor products
• Understanding of Opera
• Flexibility & variable work schedule
• Assisting the operational departments and ensuring a flawless event customer experience
Idiomas requeridos: Francés e Inglés. Holandés es un plus
At Sheraton we are constantly watching, listening, tasting and adapting to the needs of our current guests and to attract a next generation of travelers. The hotel is only a few steps away from the airport’s terminals and 20 minutes away from Brussels city center. The Sheraton hotel at Zaventem Airport is an assured player in the market with more than 30 years’ experience in the hospitality. The hotel features 294 guestrooms, one restaurant and 20 meeting- and event spaces.