Director of Security is a leadership role, responsible for the protection of property assets, associates, guests and property, accident and fire prevention and response.
Ensures that all areas of the property are safe and secure.
Ensure that local laws and company standards are adhered to.
Managing Security Operations
• Assists in the development and implementation of emergency procedures.
• Conducts investigation of all losses of property assets and refers to proper management for disposition.
• Deploys security staff to effectively monitor and protect property assets.
• Comply with all Safety and Security management guidelines and procedures.
• Conduct periodic patrols of entire property and parking areas.
• Recognize success across areas of responsibility.
• Handles complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
• Identifies and makes recommendations for minimizing physical hazards and unsafe work practices.
• Implements action plans to monitor and control risk.
• Maintains required reports and documentation regarding patrols of property and parking areas.
• Provides means for obtaining necessary medical attention on a timely basis.
Leading Security Teams
• Attends pre- and post-convention and weekly forecast meetings to understand group needs and gather critical information to communicate to Security officers.
• Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
• Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
• Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
• Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
• Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
• Provides personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
• Serves as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
• Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an "open door" policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
• Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
• Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
• Meet quality standards and customer expectations on a daily basis.
• Incorporates guest safety and satisfaction as a component of departmental meetings with a focus on continuous improvement.
• Handles guest problems and complaints.
• Provides services that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Assists in minimizing cost of accident claims through aggressive claims management.
• Brings issues to the attention of Human Resources as necessary.
• Completes proper documentation and reports all employee accident and general liability incidents to Claims Reporting Service.
• Conducts employee performance appraisals according to Standard Operating Procedures.
• Complete disciplinary procedures and documentation according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and support the Peer Review Process.
• Administer property policies fairly and consistently.
• Maintain first aid and CPR certifications required for Security officers.
• Identifies the educational needs of others, developing formal educational or training programs or classes, and teaching or instructing others.
• Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
• Develops and maintains a working relationship with local law enforcement authorities.
• Informs and/or updates the executives, the peers and the subordinates on relevant information in a timely manner.
• Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
Idiomas requeridos: Arábica e Inglés.
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai located in the heart of Dubai, United Arab Emirates on Sheikh Zayed Road is your crossroads to Dubai. The 474 luxurious rooms and suites are equipped with the comfortable Sheraton Sleep Experience beds and enjoy magnificent views over Dubai from the floor-to-ceiling windows.
On the 52nd floor, the Soul Wellness & Spa welcomes guests to sample a menu of relaxing treatments whilst Sheraton Fitness offers an array of health and fitness options to enhance your sense of well-being whilst travelling. The hotel provides a complimentary shuttle bus for staying guests to the Mall of the Emirates and La Mer beach.
The hotel's business and meetings centre feature six meeting rooms, and one large, adaptive ballroom and the dedicated Events Team is on-hand for all requests and queries. The restaurant options include Feast, &More by Sheraton, and Larimar by Dawn & Dusk.
Enjoy our hotel located minutes from Dubai International Airport, The Dubai Mall, Burj Khalifa and opposite the Dubai World Trade Centre.