We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
Discounted hotel rooms and food & beverage rates to employees at our sister properties around the globe.
We provide learning programs through our Academies to promote growth and development so that you can perform at your full potential
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
It is a thrilling time to join our remarkable Team as we create the next chapter for Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal together through elevating our luxury service culture. As a key culture driver, the Director of Operations oversees the day to day operation of the hotel and must be able to consistently improve guest service, colleague experience, and financial results. He/she must have extensive experience in multiple operational departments. The ideal candidate is a high energy, solid performer with a passion for people and results.
What you will be doing:
Reporting to the Area General Manager, the Director of Operations assists in the planning and directing of the entire operation of the hotel. You will be responsible for ensuring guest expectations are consistently exceeded, deliver superior operating performance, provide ownership a return on their investment, and inspire an open innovative learning environment for all of our team members and Leaders to allow them to reach their full potential. Operations that directly report to this position include: Front Office, Housekeeping, Food & Beverage, Engineering and Security. More specifically, the Director, Operations will:
Be a champion for Sofitel’s Culture, Vision, Mission and Values
- Clearly demonstrate to guests and teams a commitment to service excellence through the effective implementation and delivery of Sofitel Core Standards and LQA Standards at all times
- Ensure the smooth operation and co-ordination of the operating departments through their respective Department Heads, responding to forecasted business levels
- Participate actively in the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the hotel's annual Operating Budget and Marketing & Sales Plan
- Closely involved in the strategic planning and ongoing development of the hotel, including revenue forecasting, labor management planning, overseeing the health, safety and security of our guests and colleagues.
- Lead and support all departments in the achievement of their financial and operational targets through effective organizational development, operational policy and procedural implementation and evaluation and implementation of timely and effective colleague training activities
- Celebrate and uphold Sofitel Luxembourg Le grand Ducal’s renowned inclusive work culture; implement diverse and equitable work practices and policies with enthusiasm
- Foster a winning, solution-oriented work environment, motivating and engaging colleagues to continuously deliver the best possible luxury service experience to our guests
- Ensure that monthly financial outlooks for Rooms and Food & Beverage are on time, on target and accurate
- Monitor and provide timely action on staffing levels to achieve departmental productivity targets
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of hotel capital and improvement projects
- Ensure all stakeholders comply to Hotel operating controls
- Responsible for guest relations and for handling guest response alerts within the required timelines
- Actively involved in the recruitment process of leadership positions within the operating departments
- Update and ensure timely awareness of the hotel’s business continuity plan, as well as its emergency and crisis management plans.
- Adhere to and promote all Company Health & Safety policies and procedures to ensure a safe work environment
- Function as a key member of the hotel Executive Committee and leadership team. Assume the responsibilities of the Area General Manager in their absence
- Other duties as assigned
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous progressive experience in a senior leadership role, within a similar hotel brand required
- Extensive hotel operations experience required
- Analytical skills, strength as a developer and a leader of others, creativity, and strong planning skills are essential for this position
- Proven ability to lead a team and place strong focus on the mentorship, growth and development of individuals on the team and in the hotel
- Ability to build strong relationships across all departments, interact and positively influence others at all levels of the organization
- Proven record of coordinating and leading multiple departments to work towards achieving targeted financial, employee engagement, guest satisfaction and brand-related results
- Exceptional oral and written communication in French and English as well as interpersonal and guest interaction skills
- Self-confident, proactive and able to prioritize and make effective decisions
- Demonstrated knowledge of budget planning and financial controls required
- Highly responsible & reliable with the ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, role modelling calm and courteous behaviors at all times
- Keen eye for cleanliness, maintenance and attention to details
- Clearly demonstrated ability to have an unconventional mindset, be creative and innovative
- Diploma in Hospitality Management or related university equivalent
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Luxembourg. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining European work authorization.
Why work at Sofitel Luxembourg Le Grand Ducal?
- We are deeply committed to sustainability and community
- More than 50% of leadership team including c-suite, are women
- Firm believers in diversity - we have colleagues from 30 countries
- Passionate advocates for the LGBTQSIA + community - 365 days of the year, on-going diversity training for all colleagues, hotel level committee and representation
- Industry leading Leadership program and learning program through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities
- Competitive Health Benefit Package within 30 days of employment.
- Great perks - Travel Discount program, food & beverage discounts, free transportation in Luxembourg, subsidized meal during your shift through our colleague dining program, Benefit Plan including medical, dental and vision coverage, Pension Plan, and more!
- One free stay through our Be Our Guest Program, in addition to an Employee discount card that provides discounted rate for travel to over 5300 Accor hotels Worldwide
- Competitive annual salary commensurate with experience.
If this seems like an opportunity for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply using the "I'm Interested" button before the 15th October.