At Soho House the Audio Visual (AV) Manager
is responsible for managing budgets, leading a team and oversight for local AV needs. As the AV Manager, you will have extensive technical knowledge of how-to setup, install, troubleshoot, and break down audio visual equipment including cameras, microphones, projectors, and monitors. An AV Manager is also responsible for the management of scheduled productions, purchasing new equipment, monitoring existing inventory, and the day-to-day operations. AV Manager will also need to have familiarity with building out backlines for live music activations, experience with sound engineering for live music mixing, familiarity and aptitude with current DJ technology and equipment set-up.
A successful AV Manager will be well-versed in setting up and breaking down audio-visual equipment and building relationships with internal and external stake holders. In addition to client billing and invoicing, keeping up to date on new technology and equipment as it's introduced to the market, and renting additional equipment necessary for screenings or member events. We hope that you’re a tuned-in to problem solving and passionate about events, cinema and IT!
This position is vital in assisting the General Manager in working through critical path and opening the new Soho House Portland location.Main Duties
- Lead the process, innovation and daily technical troubleshooting as well as providing the highest quality of AV support
- Compliant with health code and safety regulations to ensure the safety of staff, members and guests
- Identify internal and external vendors that can support machinery repair, installation and upkeep
- Partner with local leadership to decide on and provide solutions that are cost effective and can enhance delivery, experience and better impact the business and overall AV, IT, Cinema and/or events
- Acquire and develop vendor relations that result in leveraging contract negotiations and maintaining proper budgets to best support the business
- Recruit, train and coordinate weekly schedules, payroll and disciplinary procedures as well as provide development opportunities for the team
- Adhere to local licensing law, national and government guided safety standards and identify safety needs and hazards of the department by providing solutions that ensure the safety of guests and staff
- Communicate all departmental updates in a clear and concise manner to staff as well as operational leader within the property and delegate duties to team when applicable
- Operate all technical aspects and machinery that that support member, guest and staff use of the Cinema in all film and digital video formats
- Diagnose and solve problem to offset any interruption of programming, events or items associate with AV/IT by communicating and contacting Service Engineers and Contractors as appropriate
- 3+ year’ experience in a similar capacity
- Detail oriented and ability to multitask, under pressure and trouble shoot quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Must be familiar with Digital Projection Equipment. Christie 35MM Projector, HD & Betacam. Dolby Audio Processors.
- Technically competent and confident to support computer, Internet, software and network security needs
- Experienced with AV lighting, sound, electronic, repair, installation of AV equipment and adhere to local process
- Flexible schedule to work night and weekends as needed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of all aspects of all building Multi-media (including sound systems, DJ decks, mixing board & consoles, phone systems and IPTV infrastructures) equipment and technical specifications.
- Computer Science or related Degree preferred
Why work with us...
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands.
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 8 hours.
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others.
- Must be able to move, pull, carry, or lift at least 40 pounds.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required.
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employees are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day's + vacation days
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically
- Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Team Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.