At Soho House an Executive Chef
is responsible for planning, organizing and leading the Kitchen Department according to company, local and regional policies as well as standards. The Executive Chef is involved in all facets of the business but is extremely operational and not adverse to being on the line and managing expo and ticket times. In this role, the Executive Chef encompasses strong business acumen works well under pressure and in demanding fast-paced environments. In addition to managing large teams, seasonal menus and events. Responsible for preparing and maintaining the kitchen budget in conjunction with the General Manager and Head Chef, North America as well as assuring the highest standards for health, sanitation and safety standards necessary in food handling and overall cleanliness.
A successful Executive Chef leads a successful team and owns the overall kitchen budget as well as implements innovative systems to increase revenue streams. Key measurables for this can be determined by analyzing labor, food cost, quality of product, consistency and recipe management / development.Main Duties…
- Influential leader and operational Chef with proven experience that delivers effective and efficient Culinary Programs, team management and profit driving dining experience(s)
- Oversee Back of House (BOH) operation (Pastry, Production, Pizza, Pasta and Specialty Cooks) team including but not limited to recruitment, on-boarding, training, payroll and disciplinary procedures. As well as staff performance, conducting appraisals and strategize with leadership to assess staff performance and development while maintaining professional relationships
- Adhere to health and safety policy (I.e. IIPP, worker’s comp procedures, and allergy procedures) is always followed as well as implement, monitor and enforce compliance with all Company policies, procedures, and standards and local, state, and federal law as applicable
- Delegate tasks to team and complete daily check lists that support anticipated business levels, production, a-la-carte orders, special request, events, dietary restrictions and ensure team follows proper allergy procedure
- Responsible for educating and training staff on safe work habits and proper process as well as procedure if encountered with a dangerous or unsafe situation
- Create, implement and enforce process to run an effective and efficient kitchen while maintaining the highest-level of standards, food quality, COGS and minimized margins to increase profits without sacrificing taste or member / guest experience
- Purchase and produce top-quality food to create seasonal menus, maintain recipes, pictures and specifications are followed as well as update signage and displays for dates, food displays for quality, cleanliness and food safety
- Ensure teamwork and synergy exists between the front and back of house staff through proper communication and delegate tasks and staff tasks to ensure smooth service and kitchen operations
- Collaborate with Marketing/Events department on menu creation, food preparation, food costs, quality food service and product are delivered.
- Shares the overall responsibility of proper storing procedures, food orders, food cost, equipment, sanitation and hygiene to Company and local standards
- Minimum of 7+ years’ experience working in a similar volume-based business
- Culinary trained and professional who is passionate and curious to develop and grow as a Chef
- Experienced managing P&L’s, labor, purchasing, vendors and quality control while providing results in revenue
- Must possess consistent and stable work experience & encompass the desire to operationally support the business as an individual contributor and leader
- Must encompass Food Serve Safe certification and have experienced with local sanitation regulations
- Well-versed and timely email etiquette as well as written and verbal communication
- Experienced in training, leading and executive production and a-la-carte dining experiences
- High school diploma or equivalent trade school certification
Why work with us...
- Must be able to seize, grasp, turn and hold objects with hands
- Must be able to work on your feet for at least 10 hours
- Fast paced movements are required to go from one part of the club to others
- Must be able to move, pull, carry or lift of up to 50 pounds on occasion and 35 pounds regularly
- Occasional environmental exposures to cold, heat, and water.
- Occasionally kneel, bend, crouch and climb as required
Soho House offers competitive compensation packages that feature global benefits and perks. Whether you’re seeking entry-level employment or a new opportunity to expand your profession, we offer training to develop the technical and managerial skills necessary to enhance your career.
- Health Care + 401K: Full time employees are eligible for full benefits; Medical, Dental & Vision as well as Retirement fund with a 2% match
- Rate: $125,000 - $150,000
- Paid Time Off: Full- Time Employees have sick day's + vacation days
- Career Development: Soho House can progress your career domestically or internationally as well as managerially or technically
- Soho Impact: Empowering the Soho House Community to make positive change, through mentoring, apprenticeship, local outreach and sustainability
- Learning & Development: An extensive range of internally and externally run courses are available for all employees.
- Cookhouse & House Tonic: Celebrating our passion for food and drink. Check out our monthly calendars and get involved in trips, training's and events. Available to all.
- Team Events: From fitness sessions to cinema screenings and art classes, each month we hold a series of fun events which you can sign up to.
- Team Meal: Whilst on duty in our Houses & Restaurants you will be provided with a substantial meal free of charge.