Reports to: Operations Director / Operations Manager
Work Pattern: Shift-based, will include evening and weekends
Purpose of the Role
In this role you will be a specialist in hospitality, with a passion for training others and helping the business grow. You will work alongside the Operations Managers, Learning & Development Team and General Managers to develop a network of restaurant, reception, bar and runner in store trainers who are motivated passionate people who want to coach and develop team members in their future careers. You will identify training and developmental needs and drive suitable training initiatives that build experts in our business.
• Implement and manage training for FOH roles in our restaurants
• Responsible for identifying and assessing the training needs of the sites.
• Develop individualised and group training programs that address specific business needs.
• Deliver standards per company training manuals, targeting and reporting on tangible results.
• Implement effective and purposeful training methods around: Onboarding, Menu Changes, Product tastings, Team Briefings.
• Evaluate organisational performance to ensure that training is meeting business needs and improving performance.
• Assess employees’ skills, performance and productivity to identify areas of improvement.
• Effectively communicate with team members, trainers and management.
• Help troubleshoot issues on site by working shifts/shadowing service
Coaching and developing:
• To oversee, train, coach and mentor the Training Mentors in your area.
• Interview, recruit and develop a network of highly passionate trainers per department within their allocated area with the Operations team.
• Leading initiatives to further develop promising team members into management roles
• To build relationships with General Manager’s, and Operations to ensure training is taking place in the restaurants and the appropriate training is being requested and delivered.
• Be a training support to the restaurants for new team members
• Work alongside the Learning & Development team to ensure the same message is delivered across the board
To monitor, evaluate and assess training activities including:
• Perform skills assessment tests
• Help define Career Paths and support with succession planning
• Drive E-learning and compliance training across sites.
• Monitor the completion of 90-Day Reviews with team members and managers
• Coffee chats between management and teams.
• Induction training or any other central training activities.
• To collate and report on employee feedback obtained when evaluating training activities.