We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
Tripadvisor is looking for a smart, enthusiastic, and motivated Account Manager to join the Tripadvisor family to manage and develop our Key Account partnerships in EMEA. The Account Manager will play an integral role managing the day-to-day client service & ops for media campaigns while bridging communication and strategy between essential internal teams and our clients to deliver best in class client service and campaign performance.
Tripadvisor, the world’s largest travel site, enables travelers to unleash the full potential of every trip. With 730 million reviews and opinions covering the world’s largest section of travel listings worldwide, comprised of 8.1 million accommodations, airlines, experiences, and restaurants. Tripadvisor branded sites are available in 49 markets, and are home to the world’s largest travel community of 490 million average monthly unique visitors, all looking to get the most out of every trip.
We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the travel business in an energetic, dynamic and international work environment focused on innovation, creative problem-solving and collaboration.
Hybrid: 2/3 times per week office attendance
Please Note - This is a 12-month fixed term contract. We will look to extend the role into a full time position based on company & individual performance.
- Reporting directly to the Manager, Account Management with a dotted line into the Regional Sales Lead, the Account Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the campaign across pre & post sale cycle to drive revenue growth and department goals
- Strategic partner to key internal stakeholders (Sales, Planning, Ad Operations, Marketing, etc.) and external clients & agencies translating advertisers business challenges & objectives to Tripadvisor’s digital advertising products
- Collaborates with Sales to drive results for their clients and deliver revenue growth through ideating around new/innovative opportunities for new business leveraging product expertise & sales forward thinking to upselling/renewing existing campaigns and partnerships
- Provide best in class client services and project management as the main sales point of contact for all pre and post-sale activities across all digital advertising activity (direct, programmatic, custom content, etc.) including but not limited to:
- Liaises between client and internal teams to address client feedback on marketing proposals and media plans to ensure optimal plan that adheres to campaign parameters and KPIs included in the brief
- Manages all pre-launch communication between client and internal teams including but not limited to setting timelines for approvals, deliverable needs, asset management, creative & tag casing to ensure client satisfaction and a timely campaign launch
- Leads all post-launch communication including but not limited to aligning on KPIs/measures of success, troubleshooting tag or creative issues, delivery/analysis of campaign reporting, and gaining approval on optimizations to ensure full delivery and campaign success
- Able to navigate independently from management - independent thinker driving key decisions for the deal across all touchpoints from quote to cash including upsell ideation and future program deal ideation
- Act as a product expert & SME (subject matter expert) across at least one topic across the Account Management team (example: Reporting, Programmatic, Social, etc.); Provides feedback on development and evolution of these topics - identifying and bubbling up any gaps in process, approach, or strategy.
- 5+ years minimum professional experience in digital media at an agency/client/publisher prefer in an Account Manager or Sales role
- Understands digital concepts and is up to date on emerging ad formats
- Consistent and proven track record in successfully developing relationships and managing key accounts to drive revenue growth for partner accounts in a B2B environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams across all levels including senior management
- Proficient in Powerpoint and Excel with an analytical ability is preferred
- Systems knowledge with Sales Tech and Digital Platforms (Salesforce, OMS, DFP, Moat, DoubleVerify, IAS etc.)
- 25% travel may be required
In addition, the ideal candidate will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Proficient attention to detail with a high level of organizational skills & communication skills
- Experience managing complex tasks in a digital environment with a strategic lens
- Flexible and open to change and new information, changing processes, client direction; adapts behavior and work methods accordingly
- Proficient in client communication - able to lead call with little to no assistance
- Grasps the essence of new information; recognizes own strengths and weaknesses; pursues self-development; seeks feedback
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behavior toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment
- Ability to work with cross functional teams toward the common goal of driving revenue & client satisfaction
- Positive attitude and treats colleagues with respect: considers and responds appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of different people
- Team player with the ability to manage up and across
- Can be relied upon to ensure that projects within areas of specific responsibility are completed in an appropriate and timely manner and acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively
- Identifies and analyzes problems and is comfortable working under pressure to meet deadlines; distinguishes between relevant and irrelevant information
- Ability to balance time to market with a solution and make the right trade-offs along the way
- Strong analytical skills: understands and utilizes metrics relevant to role
- Clear communication (written and oral) through expression of facts and ideas in a clear, convincing and organized manner
- Acts as an owner navigating internal materials with little to no supervision; Able to surface solutions in addition to questions
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business
- A desire to perform in a fast-paced highly changing marketplace and be driven to meet and exceed the team’s expectations/demands
- Fluency in French would be an advantage, but not essential
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com