We believe that we are better together, and at Tripadvisor we welcome you for who you are. Our workplace is for everyone, as is our people powered platform. At Tripadvisor, we want you to bring your unique identities, abilities, and experiences, so we can collectively revolutionize travel and together find the good out there.
We strive to create an accessible and inclusive experience for all candidates. If you need a reasonable accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please make sure to reach out to your individual recruiter or our team at email@example.com
. What we do in Customer Service:
What you will do:
- Provide best of the industry Customer Service for Viator and Tripadvisor Experiences, a leader in tour and activities industry.
- Oversee Customer Service Operations in Las Vegas, Oxford, Cairo and Philippines. Team size scalable, 1000+ Customer Service Agents.
- Oversee inbound assisted sales, booking tours and activities around the world.
- Provide Travel Agent & Merchant Partners customer support.
The Director, Operation Processes Customer Service is a key position for our growth and scalability. This position will oversee CS Operations, which include voice, chat, email and social channels.
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day Customer Service organization. This is inclusive and not limited to on-shore and off-shore offices.
- Lead the development of service strategies and design processes to support global scalability.
- Overall control of planning, staffing, managing expense priorities and recommending and implementing changes to methodology.
- Drive CS excellence through key targets (i.e. CSAT, CES, Quality, FER, IR, RPC)
- Be accountable for the assessment, development, and implementation of systems to support customer services function.
What does the qualified candidate look like?
- In a highly matrixed organization, you will be engaged with key stakeholders regarding product changes, key business objectives. As well as the training, quality, and vendor management needs of the team.
- Take the lead on collaborating with business partners company wide to identify key customer care improvement opportunities. Implement, measure, and analyze progress.
- Manage the implementation and analyze the progress of key programs and processes.
- Stay connected to changing/evolving customer needs/requirements and ensure organization/team alignment with same.
- Ensure that strategies, plans, decisions, and actions are aligned with customer needs.
- Use logic, data, rigor and analysis to go beyond the obvious and identify root causes.
- Build a pipeline of talent and succession plans for critical roles.
- Set clear, challenging goals and expectations, track progress against those objectives, ensure that effective and candid feedback is provided on an ongoing basis.
- Expect a high level of performance for Customer Service operations and hold managers and Team Leaders accountable for same.
- Proactively anticipate changes/challenges and develop strategies to address.
- Ensure that day to day decisions/actions drive revenue enhancement and/or cost management.
- Demonstrate curiosity and instill/support a ‘learning culture’.
- Share resources, ideas, information, and outcomes that advance the objectives of other functions/businesses.
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in customer service management, working with outsourcers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent related experience.
- A detail oriented, data lead professional who is comfortable dealing with rapid change and numerous operational complexities.
- Your focus on understanding the needs of the customer and represent their voice to the organization.
- Performs well in a team setting with collaborative input and decision making
- Able to demonstrate the ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Cross functional collaboration with a diverse and multi-functional team
- Must be a self-starter, capable of maneuvering through a multi-segmented organization and drive results.
- Have the ability to prioritize, multitask and perform effectively under pressure.
- A strategic thinker, able to apply sound business and financial acumen to the role.
- Able to analyze competitive offerings to identify differentiators.
- Maintain awareness of the travel industry and e-commerce trends and best practices.
- Working knowledge of Salesforce is a plus
- Travel: ability to travel domestic and internationally
This is a position that requires Las Vegas office attendance 2-3 days per week.