Descripción de empleo
At WeWork, we provide inspiring and flexible workplace solutions to help businesses – small, medium or large – thrive in more than 150 cities globally. The future of work is happening right now, and we are leading this moment. United by a common purpose, here we will empower tomorrow’s world at work. Join us on our journey as we give our members the freedom and support to push boundaries in their industries, and work to redefine our own.
About The Opportunity
Manager responsible for assisting with overseeing the accounting for WeWork’s lease portfolio. The manager will work cross-functionally with our Lease Administration, Finance, Real Estate, and Legal teams across WeWork. The ideal candidate is a proactive self-starter who enjoys working in a challenging and fast-paced environment. Communication skills, attention to detail, and an objective approach to learning and problem-solving is a must.
- Manage the key lease life cycle events, such as possessions, amendments, and terminations in accordance with ASC-842, including roll-forward of all applicable accounts
- Own the timely completion of lease accounting team’s monthly reconciliation process and general ledger review to ensure compliance with US GAAP
- Perform technical research and its application to complex lease accounting situations
- Perform analytical comparisons of expected results to actuals
- Liaison across multiple teams within WeWork to ensure lease transactions are appropriately recorded and remediate issues identified
- Recommend and implement process improvements as appropriate to simplify, standardize and streamline efforts
- Serve as a key point of contact for external auditors
- Develop and manage a team
- Working on ad-hoc assignments as they arise
Professional Experience: 5+ years related experience with some experience in a national or regional CPA firm preferred
Education: Bachelor’s degree (B.A. /B.S.) or equivalent in accounting or related discipline. Master’s degree preferred.
Certification/Licensure: CPA required
- Deep understanding of US GAAP and international accounting required.
- Experience with and knowledge of ASC 842 and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Strong Excel skills and the ability to manipulate large data sets (VLOOKUP, Sum-Ifs, Pivot tables, etc.)
- Flexible; able to quickly and successfully adapt to change while maintaining poise & executive presence, detail-oriented and results driven experience in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, with a natural tendency toward inquisitiveness
- Experience working with Workday a plus
Life At WeWork
Being a WeWorker is more than just a job. We believe the magic of work is sparked by the passion you bring, the places you go, the people you meet and the purpose you follow. And it starts here. Here you will brush shoulders with those who dare to dream and do. Here you will be welcomed by a diverse community that embraces and inspires you—because together we can achieve more. Here we challenge ideas, and explore new ways of getting things done. Whether you are part of our Employee Community Groups , or part of a global project, we ask you to bring your open-minded attitude and collaborative spirit. In return, you will be part of a team where your unique perspectives are celebrated.
WeWork is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil status, pregnancy (or pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression, transgender status or gender reassignment, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including genetic testing and characteristics), military or veteran status, or any other grounds or characteristic that is protected under the law.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, WeWork — like a growing number of employers — is requiring all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment, absent a legal exception for reasonable accommodation. We provide unvaccinated new hires a 45-day grace period after their start date to get fully vaccinated or, if eligible, obtain a reasonable accommodation. If you believe that a legal exception may apply to you, please still apply for any role(s) you are interested in and, if you are hired, you will receive instructions on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. Please note that roles that require in-person work — currently, within our Community (excluding Member Experience), Facilities Management (including Security), Sales (excluding Sales Ops), and Member Technology teams — will not be eligible for work-from-home as an accommodation because it poses an undue hardship on our business.
Otros empleos sugeridos
USEH International Inc
The St. Regis Washington D.C.
Kimpton Vividora Barcelona
The St. Regis Rome