Descripción de empleo
At WeWork, we provide inspiring and flexible workplace solutions to help businesses – small, medium or large – thrive in more than 150 cities globally. The future of work is happening right now, and we are leading this moment. United by a common purpose, here we will empower tomorrow’s world at work. Join us on our journey as we give our members the freedom and support to push boundaries in their industries, and work to redefine our own.
WeWork is an organization committed towards helping people around the world make a life, and not just a living. We accomplish this through the thoughtful design of our spaces and technology.
We build and maintain a wide range of technology to support this mission. Our technology product catalog ranges from the typical monolithic web applications to an expansive IoT sensor network streaming signals into data pipelines to help optimize the way we use space. The secure design and development of these products are a paramount concern for the WeWork Product Security team.
About the Role
This security professional will be responsible for leading the Detection and Response function within the Information Security department and specifically under Security Operations. The position will report to Security Operations with the expectation to grow, support and lead the function within the Information Security team and larger WeWork.
You will work closely with the multiple security teams to ensure security controls are implemented and responses are handled appropriately and repeatable. The individual will have depth and understanding of multiple controls and technology to improve the security posture and response. You will constantly work to ensure systems, applications, and infrastructure become safer for our community. You also work with engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities.
- Drive information security detection and response control improvements to multiple business lines and internal tooling and functions
- Build security tools and processes for critical solutions and functions to improve protection, monitoring and remediation.
- Provide security expertise and guidance to a diverse set of security and engineering functions (Systems, Networking, Cloud, Embedded, Software)
- Responsible for understanding and interpreting event discovery/threats and incident response activities
- Perform the activities necessary for the immediate, short-term and long-term resolution of incidents and alerts to minimize risk exposure and reduce false positives
- Proactive monitoring of internal and external-facing environment using security applications and tools that may be built or implemented
- Lead and mentor other staff members on incident response, analysis and tools
- Lead efforts to internally assess and evaluate assets to identify security gaps and quantify risks and impact to WeWork
- Assisted with providing strategic guidance on and tracking of tools/visibility/capabilities gaps affecting companies information security posture
- Designed defensive systems that allow the security and engineering teams to detect, respond and adapt to an evolving threat landscape
- Proficiency with incident response investigations, digital and network forensics, automation, cloud service infrastructure, embedded systems and malware analysis
- Proficient in creating new detection capabilities using available tools/software and internal development
- Experience supporting BeyondCorp style, zero-trust network and service architectures
- Experience securing, monitoring and building out cloud computing platforms environments including Azure, AWS, and Google Cloud Platform
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or related field and/or 5+ years of equivalent work experience required
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting & interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Effective communication skills to translate technical risks and exposures to a business perspective
- Strong motivation to mentor and grow a team, role and responsibilities
Life At WeWork
Being a WeWorker is more than just a job. We believe the magic of work is sparked by the passion you bring, the places you go, the people you meet and the purpose you follow. And it starts here. Here you will brush shoulders with those who dare to dream and do. Here you will be welcomed by a diverse community that embraces and inspires you—because together we can achieve more. Here we challenge ideas, and explore new ways of getting things done. Whether you are part of our Employee Community Groups , or part of a global project, we ask you to bring your open-minded attitude and collaborative spirit. In return, you will be part of a team where your unique perspectives are celebrated.
WeWork is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil status, pregnancy (or pregnancy-related conditions), gender identity or expression, transgender status or gender reassignment, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including genetic testing and characteristics), military or veteran status, or any other grounds or characteristic that is protected under the law.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, WeWork — like a growing number of employers — is requiring all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of employment, absent a legal exception for reasonable accommodation. We provide unvaccinated new hires a 45-day grace period after their start date to get fully vaccinated or, if eligible, obtain a reasonable accommodation. If you believe that a legal exception may apply to you, please still apply for any role(s) you are interested in and, if you are hired, you will receive instructions on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. Please note that roles that require in-person work — currently, within our Community (excluding Member Experience), Facilities Management (including Security), Sales (excluding Sales Ops), and Member Technology teams — will not be eligible for work-from-home as an accommodation because it poses an undue hardship on our business.
Otros empleos sugeridos
USEH International Inc
The St. Regis Washington D.C.
¿Estás interesado en esta oportunidad?
- Executive Assistant (Boston or NYC)Boston, MA, United States
- M&A Project Management LeadNew York, NY, United States
- Manager, Mergers & AcquisitionsNew York, NY, United States
- Director of Mergers & AcquisitionsNew York, NY, United States
- Service Desk Specialist – Member SupportSan Francisco, CA, United States