To ensure the physical requirements of all banquet rooms are set up to Fairmont standards. Responsible for all activities related to portering.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while you work
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Set-up and take down of function roomsCleaning and maintenance of banquet rooms
- Ensure immediate response to all guest needs
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all time, ensuring a well groomed appearance and a clean pressed uniform
- Follow all Fairmont and Banquet policies and procedures as outlined in the Hotel Handbook and Banquet Manual
- Knowledge of daily hotel activities and facilities ensuring accurate information is provided to the Guest
- Knowledge of all Banquet Meeting Set-up Standards
- Reporting of Maintenance Requests to Supervisor
Your experience and skills include:
- Previous Banquet experience including Banquet PorterMust be personable and presentable
- Must possess the ability to communicate effectively in English
- Must be willing and able to perform duties of a physical nature- often required to push, pull and lift heavy items (50 kg)
- Must be able to work flexible hours (primarily evenings and weekends).
Your team and working environment:
- Centrally located in downtown Calgary, Fairmont Palliser is the city’s premier, landmark hotel. With 407 elegantly appointed guest rooms, The Fairmont Palliser is truly the place to be. Join us in delivering the iconic Calgary experience.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
- Fairmont Palliser is committed to an employment equity program.
- In order to keep our employees and the general public safe from the threat of Covid 19 and the rise of variants in the community, the Hotel has implemented a Covid-19 Vaccination Policy.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS