Pullman Quay Grand Sydney Harbour is the embodiment of chic style and sophistication. The hotel is perfectly located in Circular Quay, a stone’s throw away from the iconic Sydney Opera House with breathtaking views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Our luxurious 5-star Sydney hotel with apartment-style suites offers business and leisure guest’s luxury accommodation, it also houses HYDE Hacienda Sydney Bar and Q Dining Restaurant, where the love for food and beverages resides.
In this role, you will be driving the event sales in Hyde Hacienda. Hyde Hacienda Sydney is without a doubt one of the hottest venues within Sydney. With one of the most iconic views of the Harbour Bridge, Hyde Hacienda offers its signature cocktail menu, South American inspired eats designed to share and some of Australia’s finest DJs and live music. We are pleased to boast that we are undoubtedly Sydney’s Best Lounge and Cocktail Bar having recently won the People’s Choice award for 2022’s Best Lounge and Cocktail Bar as announced by the Australian Good Food Guide.
Reporting to the Conference & Events Sales Manager, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining effective relationships with clients to ensure customer satisfaction, whilst also ensuring the implementation of sales strategies are being met and targets are being achieved. Your responsibilities will also include:
- Monitor competitors within area and provide recommendations on changes to current sell strategies.
- Prepare weekly forecast report detailing upcoming events and communicate same to all operating departments
- Attend the weekly BEO meetings and ensure their efficiency.
- Assist in coordinating sales forecasts and provide suggestions on strategies to achieve targets.
- Provide quotations for event proposals covering venue, function, menu costs ensuring revenue is maximized.
- Ensure PM Accounts are updated in consultation with C&E Manager
- Prepare and deliver event handover to operations team and ensure accuracy of information and effectively communicate handover to clients.
- Co-ordination and hosting of familiarisation and site inspection activity including follow up.
- Openly communicate with staff ensuring regular briefings occur and all relevant information is passed on.
- Bring with you previous sales experience.
- A strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite is essential.
- Ideally have knowledge of OPERA and other sales systems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, professional telephone manner, a high standard of personal presentation
- The ability to produce an exemplary and consistent service to your clients.
What’s in it for you?
- Discounted carparking, free dry cleaning, barista coffee & with hotel discounts of up to 70% off are available worldwide holidays will never be cheaper.
- 10 weeks paid parental leave at full salary for the primary carer in addition to government-funded parental leave.
- Accor’s industry-leading training platforms Accor Academy and Typsy, supports your career development with unlimited access to qualifications, practical skills and leadership programs.
- Opportunity to grow and develop your career within an international hotel group with over 400 hotels in Australia and New Zealand, and over 5000 globally, Accor offers limitless opportunities to grow your career within a supportive network of like-minded professionals. Work in an environment where we encourage you to bring your real self to work, unleash your creativity and have fun.
Our commitment to Inclusion and Diversity
We are an inclusive company, and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent. We offer reasonable adjustments to support you. If you require an adjustment to be made during the recruitment process, you're welcome to let us know.