Fairmont Gold Lounge Attendant (Full-Time)
Located in the heart of Canada's capital next door to the Parliament Buildings, the landmark Fairmont Chateau Laurier hotel in Ottawa is looking to fill a role of Fairmont Gold Lounge Attendant.
Fairmont Gold is a special place! The personalized service provided as you greet your Guests at check- in or serve them in the private lounge, will show them that you truly care. The luxury our Guests experience and the memories you make as a Fairmont Gold Attendant will create a sense of loyalty that will ensure their return.
What is in it for you:
- Wonderful company culture - our colleagues are at the heart of all that we do
- Food & Beverage discount of 50% in our restaurants
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide for you and your family
- Learning programs through our academies designed to sharpen your skills
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
- Comprehensive extended health benefits package
- Full rate of pay of $20.24/hour
Reporting to the Fairmont Gold Leadership Team, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
- Provide exceptional service in the Fairmont Gold lounge
- Responsible for the set up and break down of all food and beverage presentations in the lounge. (Breakfast, coffee/tea service, bar service and canapés)
- Assist guests regarding food and beverage menu items. Have knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods
- Attention to detail in ensuring the lounge is well maintained at all times and that the ambiance changes in the lounge from one food and beverage presentation to the next
- Clearing dishes from guest tables and ensuring cleanliness of the lounge and services areas
- Identify guest preferences and act on them to develop and maintain strong guest relationships to ensure Fairmont Gold loyalty
- Provide personalized Concierge information to our Guests about local and area attractions
- Effectively organize the Fairmont Gold pantry and storage areas to ensure efficiency
- Assist with controlling inventory needed for Fairmont Gold pantry and storage areas. (Food and liquor)
- Create strong relationships with departments that support Fairmont Gold- primarily the culinary and stewarding departments
- Make certain that all Fairmont Château Laurier policies, procedures and corporate Fairmont Gold standards are known, followed and acted upon at all times
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage items
- Follow all sustainability standards and initiatives
- Other duties as assigned
- Food and Beverage serving experience required
- Smart serve required
- Excellent interpersonal and English/French communication skills
- Must possess a professional presentation
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Frequent standing and walking throughout shift
- Frequent lifting and carrying up to 40 lbs
- Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
- Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs and ramp
Fairmont Château Laurier is proud to provide employment accommodation during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please notify us.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS