Swissotel Sharm El Sheikh All-Inclusive Collection resort offers an unforgettable vacation for its guests with a sense of luxury service nested with nature, with a wide range of accommodation types, from rooms, and suites featuring contemporary designs, including a unique side for adults.
All this in the peaceful surroundings of beautiful gardens, swimming pools, magnificent landscapes, and a wide variety of à la carte restaurants, and particular spa services. Esteemed guests are welcome to relax and unwind in a quiet and elegant setting in the resort and enjoy a genuine experience of leisure, pleasure, and successful meetings.
Join our motivated and vibrant Team and build your career with us.
The Front Office Manager is a pivotal role within the hotel, responsible for ensuring the seamless operation of the front desk and guest services. As a leader in the Front Office Department, the Front Office Manager oversees the team, fosters exceptional guest experiences, and maintains efficient front desk operations. The Front Office Manager is expected to lead by example, demonstrating exceptional customer service, problem-solving abilities, and effective communication skills.
Guest Service Excellence
- Greet and assist guests in a warm, courteous, and professional manner.
- Handle guest complaints and inquiries promptly, striving to resolve issues to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Ensure guests receive accurate and timely information about hotel amenities, services, and local attractions.
- Handle guest complaints and concerns in a professional and empathetic manner, aiming for swift and satisfactory resolution.
- Maintain a deep understanding of the local area to provide guests with information about attractions, restaurants, and services.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with repeat guests, VIPs, and corporate clients.
- Implement strategies to enhance guest loyalty and satisfaction, contributing to positive online reviews and ratings.
Front Desk Operations
- Oversee the front desk team's daily operations, including check-in, check-out, and guest registration processes.
- Monitor room availability, reservations, and room assignments to maximize occupancy and revenue.
- Maintain accurate and organized guest records, ensuring compliance with privacy and security protocols.
- Coordinate with housekeeping and maintenance departments to ensure timely room readiness.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate front desk staff, fostering a positive work environment.
- Set performance expectations and provide ongoing feedback to team members.
- Conduct regular team meetings and training sessions to enhance guest service skills and departmental knowledge.
- Monitor and manage room rates, occupancy levels, and revenue to meet established targets.
- Review and approve billing and invoicing for guest services, ensuring accuracy and timeliness.
- Assist in the preparation of budgets and financial reports related to the Front Office Department.
Technology and Systems
- Proficiently use hotel management software and technology to manage reservations, check-ins, and guest preferences.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues related to front desk systems.
- Act as a key contact for emergency situations, following established protocols to ensure guest safety and well-being.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel evacuation procedures and assist in training staff on emergency protocols.
- Work closely with the Finance department to produce monthly financial reports timely & accurately.
- Work closely with the People & Culture Leader to monitor and keep updated all records and schedules relating to departments operating performance, quality assurance/control management and training to ensure planning and completion is carried out as per standards and can be referenced to derive historical patterns.
People & Culture
- Foster a positive and structured work environment, which encourages the successful operation of the business, calling upon the necessary processes to deal with disciplinary, grievance and workforce change situations.
- Work alongside with the People & Culture leader to investigate, document and administer corrective action immediately and effectively to reach the mutual goals of the business and the Heartist.
- Hire new Heartists in conjunction with the People & Culture Leader through INES.
- Use the interview guides provided and Talent Meter to gain further information on any potential candidate.
Heartist Engagement and Communications
- Strive to increase Heartist engagement by promoting a positive work environment where each Heartist is informed and proactive about the overall business goals. Ensure the consistent delivery of business and associate information with transparency so that each Heartist understands how they contribute to the company’s success. This will include working on the Heartist Engagement Survey (EES) and People & Culture Audit. Ensure the EES Champions for the hotel/departmental action plans in order to increase Heartist engagement and improve EES scores year on year.
- Represent the organization as an exemplary ambassador the Accor All Inclusive - Heartist Service Culture.
- Labour Turnover to be closely monitored and proactive actions taken with regards to trends and suggestions to People & Culture leader as well as Hotel Manager/General Manager.
Learning & Talent Development & Performance Management
- Ensure bi-annual Talent Review process is conducted and associated documentation maintained to the required standard.
- Facilitate the performance management cycle from probation reviews, annual performance reviews, development plans as well as on the job training.
- Ensure Departments have adequate Departmental trainers, and these are well utilized.
- For all supervisory positions have a transparent development program in place in conjunction with the People & Culture leader as well as Learning & Development.
- Development of direct reports to give them ongoing feedback and development.
- The activities and contribution of the role will impact the performance of the hotel.
- They will act on behalf of the business to work through complex situations and reduce risk, interpreting and implementing company policies and employment legislation as appropriate.
- They will be required to exercise sound judgment and integrity at all times to ensure confidentiality of protected information.
- Be fiscally competent in budgeting, forecasting including the commentary that goes with the documents/meetings.
- Demonstrate full awareness of departmental budget/P&L and work towards achieving it by minimizing expenses and maximizing hotel revenue.
Alongside these key competencies, the incumbent of the role will be required to demonstrate the fundamentals of the company’s Heartist service culture to be responsive, respectful and deliver a great experience.
- Positive Orientation.
- Operational Decision Making.
- Self-Development & Management.
- Developing an Empowered Team.
- Leading an Engaged and Diverse Team.
Leading the Business
- Advocating Guest Passion.
- Business Planning and Analysis.
- Business Improvement and Change.
- Bachelor's degree in Hospitality Management, Business, or related field.
- Proven experience in Front Office roles within the hospitality industry.
- Previous working experience in a truly global work environment is essential.
- Prior experience in pre-opening.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and a commitment to guest satisfaction.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and team leadership skills.
- Proficiency in hotel management software (Opera).
- Strong management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Adept at data analysis and using insights to drive decision-making.
- Flexibility to adapt to a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Native Arabic speaker and fluency in verbal and written English is essential.
Must be a highly capable user of Microsoft office programs including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
This is a pre-opening role.