Centrally located in downtown Calgary, Fairmont Palliser is the city’s premier, landmark hotel. With 407 elegantly appointed guest rooms, Fairmont Palliser is truly the place to be. Join us in delivering the iconic Calgary experience.
Head Banquet Porter
Head Banquet Porter helps to plan, organize and coordinate the daily activities of the porter and linen persons. This position is required to ensure that all banquet rooms meet or exceed the physical requirements as set by the Banquet Department and Fairmont standards. To meet with clients and resolve any of their needs pertaining to physical setup in banquet rooms.
- Clearly communicate all tasks to porters in a concise manner with time deadlines
- Follow-up to ensure goals and timelines are met
- Liaise with supervisors to determine daily goals and the progress of the porter team
- Organize the linen persons on a daily basis
- Responsible for the physical set up and take down of function rooms
- Plan daily set-ups of all function rooms as per the Banquet Event Orders
- Co-ordinate the cleaning and maintenance of all banquet equipment
- Complete weekly/ monthly inventories and par-stocks of supplies for the porter team.
- Review with Senior Supervisor, performance reviews for the Banquet Porters and Linen Persons in a timely manner
- Responsible for training all porter’s within the banquet department.
- Develop and maintain the porter’s training manual and job task checklist.
- Manage the Preventative Maintenance program for the Department
- Responsible for the training of the Porters and Linen Persons as it relates to our Health and Safety and Fire procedures and policies
- Work in conjunction with the catering department to advise them on Banquet set-ups within the banquet rooms
- Liaise with clients to assist them with their room set-ups
- Minimum 5 years experience within a banquet setting
- Recent experience in organizing, coordinating and implementing efficient banquet rooms set ups
- Experience working in a high paced, energetic, quick changing environment.
- Professional image and effective communicational, organizational and team building skills are required
- Computer and software skills are essential
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
Fairmont Palliser is committed to an employment equity program that includes special measures to achieve diversity among staff.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS