Description du poste
As a Housekeeping Order Taker you are responsible to handle all communication in and out of the Housekeeping Office to ensure a smooth running of the department and your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Safe keep, record and collect all keys and papers held within the Housekeeping Office
• Ensure the sorting of all daily activity reports in the Housekeeping Office
• Answer phone calls promptly, following proper telephone etiquettes as trained and per the standards
• Record all incoming calls, ensure all messages are disseminated and followed up accordingly
• Handle all issues pertaining to Lost & Found - receiving, recording, storage, claiming and clearing
• Update and maintain all housekeeping files
• Update and print out of the Opera system for the room discrepancy report by morning and afternoon and ensure to submit a copy to Accounts and Front Office
• Arrange baby-sitting for guests and prepare attendance sheets for the monthly payroll
• Keep and maintain the cleanliness and tidiness of the Housekeeping Office
• Clear all outdated reports on a monthly basis based on the hotel standard for record keeping
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should ideally have a diploma or vocational training within the hospitality and previous experiences within a similar role. Good command of written and verbal English communication skills, along with good interpersonal abilities are essentials. Computer literacy and previous experiences with Opera are an advantage.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be a friendly, pleasant and courteous individual with good cross cultures sensitivity and a concern for quality and an eye for details. You will work well under pressure in a fast paced environment and enjoy working with a multi-cultural team and guests alike, while possessing following additional competencies:
Understanding the Job
Al Bandar Rotana & Al Bandar Arjaan by Rotana
Situated on the north shore of Dubai Creek, the thriving waterway that runs through the heart of the city, Al Bandar Rotana & Al Bandar Arjaan by Rotana is a five-star hotel & hotel apartments with a prime waterfront outlook. Located on Baniyas Road in one of Dubai’s most prominent business districts, the waterside hotel is just a few minutes by road from the world’s busiest airport, Dubai International, as well as the Dubai World Trade Centre and the Diplomatic District. Major tourism attractions are on the doorstep for this 5 star hotel, from mega malls to world-famous souks. The new Al Seef destination is rooted in Dubai’s culture and heritage, with a charming atmosphere that fuses the heritage and modernity of the Emirate. The design-led Rise Dubai Creek Harbour development is also a short drive away from our luxury hotel, home to live music, DJ sets, movie screenings and unusual casual dining concepts.
This modern, architecturally-striking property, features 190 uniquely-designed luxury hotel rooms and suites & 80 hotel apartments. Spacious, luxurious and featuring the latest amenities, options range from standard rooms to suites, ideal for both business and leisure travellers and families visiting Dubai. Al Bandar Rotana also offers Club Rotana rooms with additional benefits including an Executive Lounge and personalised services.
Guests are spoiled for choice with five dining options to suit every taste and occasion during their stay in Dubai. From seasonal authentic food at Gusto Italian Restaurant to Morgan’s Bar & Restaurant, the only gastropub in Dubai Creek, you are in for a real treat. For casual meals, all-day dining restaurant Salt & Pepper is just the ticket, while Vanilla Lobby Lounge is the place to enjoy tea, coffee and snacks. All outlets are complemented with a terrace overlooking stunning views of the Creek and Dubai’s skyline. Refreshing drinks and snacks can be savoured at The Deck Pool Lounge, while in-room dining is available around the clock.
Your meeting and event needs are well looked after too with six fully-equipped venues which are flooded with natural daylight and offer flexible set-up options to accommodate all requirements and occasions. Take care of your body and mind during your stay in Dubai at the Bodylines Fitness & Wellness Club featuring a modern gym with cardiovascular and free-weight training areas, as well as a swimming pool and sauna, steam and massage rooms.