Target, solicit and cultivate all segments of transient business for hotel, with heightened efforts directed toward securing increased production from Consortia and non-affiliated Travel Agency, Wholesaler/Tour Operator and Business Transient segments, to achieve hotel’s Transient Room Revenue annual revenue target. Work alongside the Belmond Commercial Organization in support of their sales efforts to produce Transient segment room revenue. This position can be located in Los Angeles or Santa Barbara
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Achieve Sales Revenue Goals established for you.
- Solicit new and develop existing accounts to meet/exceed revenue goals through telephone solicitation, personal sales calls, written communication, site inspections, familiarization trips and tradeshows.
- Represent El Encanto well and be able to clearly articulate hotel and brand value and points of differentiation, to capture transient revenue and increased share growth for hotel.
- Prepare correspondence to customers, be proficient in and perform internal booking reports and keep excellent file/organizational maintenance.
- Respond to all customer needs within a timely manner and acknowledge all customers, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Enhance current account base via referrals and new research.
- Enhance the accuracy of the database by continuously refreshing and adding accounts to OSC via ongoing prospecting.
- Participate in scheduled sales meetings, team events, training, sales strategy, departmental and hotel meetings as required.
- Participate in the Manager on Duty program, overseeing the hotel’s operation, on average, one weekend day per month.
- Participate in the LQA Assessment Program assessing your experiences formally at El Encanto and connecting with teams for suggestions on areas of improvement.
- Create and foster deep relationships with key clientele to motivate them to book El Encanto.
- Maintain and enhance relationships with all Consortia, Wholesale and Business Transient accounts, the Belmond Commercial Organization, and any other partners that the hotel works with, keeping them abreast of property updates, need periods, etc and fulfill their requests.
- Establish lists of top prospects for ongoing direct marketing efforts via telephone, direct mail, email and personal sales calls.
- Become familiar with other Belmond properties and share specific account and lead information with them in order to cross sell our entire product line.
- Create and spearhead strategies to increase business and work with the Belmond and El Encanto teams to implement your strategies.
- Develop & maintain knowledge of market trends, competition, and customers.
- Develop a high degree of familiarity with all hotel and brand initiatives and promotions in the Leisure segment.
- Maintain proper and detailed records of contacts met and managed.
- Fluency in navigating Oracle Sales Cloud, Tableau, Property Management System (HMS), Sales System (SCS), the Google Suite and Microsoft Suite.
- Have the ability to understand and be able to communicate clearly booking and forecast budget analysis.
- Maintain close communication with hotel’s operating departments.
- Have a good working relationship with Belmond’s Central Reservation Team to support your sales efforts.
- Develop and implement on-going strategic SMART action plans including specific goals for specific accounts with outgoing phone calls, email to clients, sales trips, trade shows, and familiarization trips identified, actioned, and recorded, to achieve Hotel’s revenue targets.
- Write, update, and maintain all action plans and reports requested, including keeping the Weekly Sales Meeting Transient tab current, Daily end of Day reporting, promotion plan updating, Standard Ops doc updating / maintenance.
- Accurately forecast business, based on historical trends, client intelligence and other market factors.
- Recommend positioning, packaging, promotions, and pricing strategy to produce the highest possible long-term market share.
- Fluency in Agency 360 and solicit agencies that are booking more business at our comp set than out hotel and report to the DOSM the current comp set standings, your past period results, and your action plan to increase these results.
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners, including counterparts at competing hotels.
- Support the DOSM, Revenue Director and General Manager with any related reporting or task needed.
- Be on property to personally perform all key Site Inspections and for all FAMS and sales appointments.
- All Sales actions shall be followed with a recap / success / future action report, to be submitted prior to your expense report for that activity.
- Understand and adhere to office procedures, including data entry accounts into OSC.
- Participate as team player with all departments.
- Participate in all Hotel management responsibilities, like MOD Duty, LQA Assessments, etc
- Any other tasks that Hotel Management needs you to accomplish.
- Use utilities and resources in a responsible manner to control wastage.
- Communicate relevant information to the department, your manager and across departments, as appropriate.
- Comply with safe working practices, Health and Safety policy and ensure accidents/defects are reported immediately.
- Attend learning and development courses and complete eLearning modules, as required.
- Demonstrate and be a role model of Belmond’s core values of Care, Confidence, Curiosity and Community.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, is required.
- Fluency in Leadership, Interpersonal Communication, Team Spirit, Innovation and Creativity, Proactivity, Empathy, Organizational, Sense of urgency, Spirit of service skills
- Fluency in resolving problems, handling conflict, and be able to make effective decisions under pressure.
- Be willing to assist another department when requested.
- Any other request that is asked of you.
It is vital that company information remains confidential and must not be disclosed to anyone outside the company, customers, and employees, unless otherwise stated. Please refer to the Company’s How we Work (Code of Conduct), Employee Handbook and to your contract of employment for full details.
This job description is intended to illustrate the main duties and responsibilities of the job. It is not to be regarded as exhaustive. Other tasks and responsibilities of a broadly comparable nature may be added.
El Encanto offers a full array of benefits, including medical, dental and vision coverage. In addition, the company pays for basic life and AD&D as well as short term disability. Team members can choose additional coverage to include voluntary life/AD&D, spouse life/AD&D, dependent life, critical care, hospital indemnity, accident, and flexible spending.
The Company offers paid time off, sick pay, a 401(k) program with Company matching, and an employee assistance program. Team members enjoy free cafeteria meals and discounts on food and beverage, spa treatments, and retail boutique items.
The Discovering Belmond program offers complimentary accommodation for team members while on leisure travel outside their region at any Belmond hotel and resort. It also offers food and beverage at a discounted rate. In addition to the complimentary offerings, discounted rates are available for safaris, trains, and cruises.