Description du poste
Responsible to develop and foster business through pro-active direct sales, marketing, telemarketing, direct mail, appointment calls and tours of the hotel and develops strategic action plans for the hotel to drive measurable, incremental sales revenue. A Sales Manager identifies areas of opportunity in performance and recommends tools and sales training to optimize performance of the sales team.
• Responsible for Government, Wholesale and Leisure segment.
• Clear understanding of the hotels’ business strategies to set goals and to determine action plans to meet those goals.
• Update action plans and financial objectives quarterly.
• Identify new markets and business opportunities and increase sales.
• Represent the hotel in various events and exhibition.
• Implement all sales action plans related to the market areas as outlined in the marketing plan.
• Conducts daily sales calls and arrange site inspection trips to hotels by corporate clients.
• Able to provide quick and timely responses, immediate communication to clients and develop professional long term business relationships.
• Provide the highest quality of service to the customers at all times.
• Participate in sales calls with members of the sales team to acquire new business and/or close on business.
• Execute and support the operational aspects of business booked (e.g. CVGR, generating proposal, Corporate Rate Application letter, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Able to support the hotel’s service and relationship strategy, driving customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Work closely with the Commercial Director and Director of Sales to ensure proposed rate negotiations meet the financial needs of the hotels.
• Develop strong relationships with on property front office team to ensure working in unity and always striving to achieve the same goals.
• Accompany sales team on sales calls to potential clients to assist in development of the account and to access the effectiveness and sales skills of the sales person.
• Assess additional training needs based on data gathered and interaction with sales team from property visits.
• Attending all department and hotel meetings as necessary.
• Targeting key accounts potential for the company.
• Build and strengthen relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
• Develop relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer base for sales opportunities.
• Manage and develop relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Acquiring and developing new business accounts and preparing sales proposals for clients.
• Closely following up on all business leads within a 24 hour response time line to clients
• Knowledge of the local corporate and leisure market.
• Previous experience in Sales within the hotel industry.
• Positive attitude and very good communication skills.
• Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service.
• Excellent grooming standards.
• Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations.
• Ability to work under pressure and under own initiative.
• Experience in a sales role with a proven track record to close a sale.
Carlton Hotels & Suites
Discover a downtown hotel infused with the vibrant culture, energy and lifestyles of Dubai. An exclusive gateway to the pride of the Arabian Gulf, the Carlton Downtown Hotel immerses you in the essence of upscale city living.
Renowned for its spacious accommodation (the smallest room category offers an expansive 42 square meters of living space) and gracious hospitality, our elegantly sophisticated 4-star hotel is perfect for everything from a business trip to a romantic getaway or family holiday. Despite our prime city centre location, with easy access to Dubai International Airport, World Dubai Mall, Dubai World Trade Center and Exhibition Center and Jumeirah public beach, the Carlton Downtown Hotel offers an oasis of tranquillity and refinement in the heart of it all.
Select from five distinctive room and suite options and four enticing dining experiences, including a rooftop bar with views of the Dubai skyline. Dubai’s premier destination for visiting executives and leisure guests, the Carlton Downtown Hotel offers an extraordinary blend of chic style, contemporary comfort, modern connectivity and unparalleled accessibility to everything the city has to offer.