VM MANAGER – WATCHES & FINE JEWELLERYLocation:
London Headquarters, UKReports to:
Head of Marketing Contract
: Full-timeYour Role @Chanel:
WHAT IMPACT YOU CAN CREATE AT CHANEL: Visual Merchandising Management
- You will be the key leader to drive the VM strategy for the UK region (UK & Canada), in order to synchronize all VM related execution with the Watches & Fine Jewellery business strategy.
- You will be the image builder to implement all kinds of Visual Merchandising across Watches, Fine Jewellery and High Jewellery in the Watches & Fine Jewellery Division.
- As part of the Watch & Fine Jewellery Division within the most creative and inspiring Maison, you will report to the Head of Marketing, working in collaboration with both key stakeholders in Watches & Fine Jewellery Division and Fashion Division.
Production/Installation of Window Decor, Displays and Animations:
- Define VM strategy for all campaigns in order to synchronize all VM executions with the UK Region business strategy.
- Develop an explicit VM action plan for the UK taking into account global as well as local objectives, across all categories in the UK Market: Watches, Fine Jewellery and High Jewellery.
- Actively propose test and learn approaches with Global team to elevate VM plans (including product display, in-store visuals, selling tools) to support business takeaways.
- Redefine international guidelines adapting them to our market (local stock, local clientele, size and format of our boutiques, sales ambitions…) and cascade/train staff, suppliers etc.
- Monitoring design, production and installation of special projects in all networks – briefing to Global team, material sourcing, production follow-up (i.e Pop up stores, Podium in department stores, in-boutique events).
- Instruct suppliers/factory staff on window decors’ from developing technical files to monitoring of window decor production and installation.
- In charge of researching new suppliers, sourcing materials etc. with the aim of cost efficiency.
- Always elevate the adaption of global guidelines with local initiatives to enhance and challenge the client experience to create the uniqueness of our local events.
VM Stock & Budget Management
- Be the key driver on event production, working closely with agencies to ensure the agency delivers the service scope, roles and responsibilities while monitoring closely work progress.
- Ensure all events are produced according to schedule with high quality and within budget.
Boutique Opening & Renovation
- Placement of all orders for generic tools, campaign launches, tools and window decors for all networks.
- Manage VM inventory to maintain healthy and efficient stock management. Supervise the proper use and storage of props in boutiques.
- Manage and responsible for the dedicated VM budget (including Events) on a monthly basis.
Image and Visibility Control
- Develop the briefing with the consideration of boutique operation needs, customer journeys and guidelines to Store Design Team on new boutique, new wholesale counters, renovation projects
- Monitoring the budget/CAPEX and project schedule in order to secure the projects are in line with expectations.
- Participate the site handover with Store Design Team to ensure the new fixtures and fittings are well equipped for smooth operation.
- Forecaster product assortment required for the space and develop a product zoning plan, as well as leading product set-up ahead of opening date.
- Drive the unique VM strategy for Flagship store to elevate the High Jewellery exposure.
- Regular field visits to ensure the quality of the displays. Proactive communication with retail team to fine tune the display according to business strategies and customer journey.
- Ensure the appropriate balance between commercial pieces and High Jewellery pieces as to deliver the ultimate luxury image.
- Liaising with the Maintenance Team for all matters relating to the appearance of the boutique (lights, furniture, cleaning etc).
- Plan and execute the operations of Music, film, visual in the boutiques.
- Collaborate with Wholesale Manager to develop the VM plan according to the business strategies.
- Manage all kinds VM related topics in wholesale POS and Shop in shops, such as product displays, VM tools orders and distribution, visual changes, new openings, and renovations.
- Actively collaborate with Fashion VM team to drive new VM opportunities to support with launch plan and specific boutique needs.
- Conduct training to Fashion VM team to ensure stakeholders receive sufficient information to execute the VM plan.
- Fortnightly visits of Fashion boutiques to ensure quality of the displays, balanced product selection, rearrangement of the space, purposeful cross merchandising.
What you will bring to the role:
- Regular training and coaching for VM team in Canada remotely and occasional physically
- Proactively partner with boutique teams and marketing team to maximize store-specific merchandising opportunities based on clientelling, store architecture, inventory levels and business trends
- Constant communication with Global team to drive initiatives to UK regions
YOU ARE ENERGISED BY:
- Agility to maximize the opportunities from guidelines and new initiatives
- Aesthetic sense to drive ultimate luxury image
- Creative mindset across action plan and stakeholders management
- Strong business sense to connect the dots with VM action plans
- Working knowledge of Adobe (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator), Excel and Powerpoint
- Maintain a positive attitude and proactive approach towards routine tasks.
- Proficient communication skills (written & verbal).
- Organised with great attention to detail for project & budget management.
- +8 years experience in VM merchandising, luxury industry
WHAT YOU WOULD GAIN FROM THIS EXPERIENCE:
- Immersed with ultimate luxurious details
- Working in a fast-paced environment and highly collaborative team
- Strong exposure to Watches, Jewellery, Fashion and Beauty industries
- Exciting travels across UK, Canada and France
- Constant evolution of capability within a dynamic environment
- Perpetual exposure to new product, design, and inspirations
- An environment within which to grow and express yourself professionally
- A culture that embraces the uniqueness of the individual
- A business environment that appreciates an enterprising spirit, and liberates our people to increase the value they contribute to the company
At Chanel, we are focused on creating an inclusive culture that nurtures personal growth, contributing to collective progress. We believe the uniqueness of each individual increases the diversity, complementarity and effectiveness of our teams. We strongly encourage your application, as we value the perspective, experience and potential you could bring to CHANEL.