The Guest Relations Host is responsible for looking after guests, including organizing their in house reservations, arrival, in house stay, requests and departure.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsibilities and duties for this position shall include, but not be limited to, the following areas and activities. At Management discretion, direction may be given for tasks outside the scope of work described.
- At all times offer graceful, personalized and caring service towards all guests as you are an ambassador of the Constance Halaveli service philosophy
- To embody in all your interactions with guests, passion and enthusiasm for service, focusing all attention on the guests
- At all times exhibit good posture and an elegant demeanor, and speak in a polite and attentive manner
- Always address the guests with their name, keeping eye contact and smiling
- At all times take ownership of guests’ request and do not refer guests elsewhere
- At all times adhere to the grooming and etiquette standards of the resort
- Always display punctuality and good attendance as an act of responsibility towards the guest service and towards your colleagues
- Always be courteous, considerate, supportive and respectful towards other team members of FO and rest of the resort. Treat others as you would like to be treated.
- Ensure to keep yourself updated with the role of FO in Fire, Tsunami and First Aid standards, trough trainings
- Attend all the trainings that you are assigned to within your department or on a resort level
KEY RESULTS AREAS
- Work Duties:
- Be knowledgeable of all resort facilities and of your job duties
- Follows all the time LQA and LRA standards
- Be knowledgeable of all department and general SOP’s relevant for your job tasks
- Be knowledgeable about daily TMA operation
- Attend the daily briefing and keep yourself informed about all arrivals of the day
- Check and ensure that all traces and guest requests for future arrivals have been pre-arranged by coordinating with other departments and place the same information in traces
- Ensure that all arrival guests whose contacts details we know (repeaters, direct bookings) are contacted 1 week prior to arrival in order to anticipate the resort experience and offer pre-arrival assistance if needed
- Handle seaplane arrivals and departures as per training given
- Ensure that all arrival guests receive a welcome as per resort standards
- Ensure that all departure guests receive a farewell as per resort standard
- Ensure that all back to back arrival and departure guests and room moves are handled as per resort standards and in coordination with Reception Host
- Always be aware of guests arriving, in house and departing who pertain to your language specialty and assist them whenever this is necessary
- Ensure all the guests that you have checked in, pertain to your language specialty or assigned to you by GRM are contacted with courtesy calls as per resort standards
- Establish and maintain relationship with guests during their stay through eventual site inspections, courtesy calls, assistance during the stay and visits in outlets
- As a person in close relationship with the guests during their stay, actively collect guest preferences and pass them on to the Reservations and Profile Coordinator
- To handle and follow up promptly guest issues or requests as per resort standard
- Keep station manned at all times
- Promote and execute the booking of restaurants, private functions and excursions
- Ensure that all daily guest information documents are completed in timely manner (daily newsletter, various confirmation letters, etc)
- Coordinate with Telephone Operator, the printing of designated guest documents
- Coordinate with Porters the transfer of the guests whilst in resort
- Provide support and assistance to Reception, Telephone Operators and Porters when required.
- Escort guests for excursions if and when required by GRM, AFOM or FOM
- Assist Sales and Marketing Coordinator with site inspections/ hosting’s when required.
- Use communication tools in place to follow up on all guest arrangements or requests (WISH traces and Lotus calendar)
- Maintain the order and cleanliness of the Guest Relations/Reception and Reception Lounge areas.
- Conducts Check out
The Key Results Areas for this position are:WORK SCHEDULE
Normally 8 hours per day (excluding 1 for hour lunch tea breaks) but due to the nature of the work as well as the status of the position, the Guest Relations Host is expected to regularly work long hours, on evenings, on week-ends, public holidays and during cyclonic weather.