This position is part of the Booking Success team, the “life line” of hotel DoubleTree by Hilton Brussels City. This team ensures that requests and enquiries for groups, events and individual reservations are converted to profitable revenues. They are commercially driven, caring, experienced, quick, professional and willing to share from what they know.
By getting this job, you would join an authentic & international hospitality team and contribute to the hotel’s mission to create memorable collective stories for the communities we interact with. You will sell a complete newly renovated hotel and an iconic venue, located in the city centre of Brussels, where two worlds meet (history and present, nature and city, young and old, business and leisure).
Tasks and responsibilities:
• Manage bookings enquiries of the hotel from requests to groups & events offers, reservations, contracts signing and coordination with the Group Operations Success team.
• Focus on booking excellence with a commercially driven attitude and authentic approach by balancing both the client’s needs and the conversion of request to a definite booking.
• Ensure high sales conversion through strategic qualifications, best price and inventory strategy, adapted sales process to customer’s needs etc. Propose customized offers, negotiate and conclude events/groups ‘contracts, ensure liaison with Group Operations Success and the Sales teams.
• Able to consult and communicate effectively with the Yield Manager / Revenue Management Centre and use of Yield systems when drawing up offers, making sure quotes are most profitable and in accordance with objectives (budget / forecast).
• Ensure that customers’ expectations and operational possibilities meet and result in a profitable event with high service level.
• Book individual reservations or small delegations when needed and ensure smooth
communication of critical success factors in all areas in the organisation.
• Enter or ensure entering of every request in the system & update status or details whenever
required. Operate an efficient organisation system to answer all new requests within 24
• Plan effective and efficient follow-up of offers, daily checks on traces/activities, organise site inspections with clients/prospects.
• Collaborate with the Sales & Marketing Team by sharing sales leads, keeping client database up-to-date, participating to sales actions, participating to client events, carrying out actions to bring back lost or past business etc.
• Contribute to keeping SWOT analysis up-to-date and be informed of what competition is offering and connect various information in order to offer winning proposals and convert.
• Adhere to all guidelines, operational possibilities and procedures including sales terms & conditions and deadlines.
• Keep high level of ongoing Training and personal development for continuous improvement.
• Fluent in English, French and Dutch.
• 3-5 years’ experience in Sales / Groups & Events position
• Great commercial and negotiation skills.
• Team player showing initiative, empathy and enthusiasm.
• Able to work and take decisions independently.
• Resilient, and solution minded attitude.
• Flexible and willing to adapt to a changing market environment
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, tech savvy, able to perform virtual sales calls and presentations, live virtual site inspections etc.
• Knowledge of OnQ Hilton systems, Delphi and Brussels market are a plus.
Langues requises: Français et Anglais. Néerlandais est un plus
Dating back to 1908, DoubleTree by Hilton Brussels City is an historic landmark in Brussels, situated in the Northern quarter. Nevertheless, the hotel is fully renovated and it offers the most contemporary, business-ready amenities
Today the hotel is committed to preserving its unique traditions while providing new and modern comforts to its guests. The DoubleTree by Hilton Brussels City is an internationally awarded innovative and leading business hotel. It goes without saying that the hotel works on consistently delivering unique experiences and solid results through a dynamic, focused and inspirational team.
The 354 guestrooms have a unique style, Art Nouveau and Art Déco inspired. 17 meeting rooms - including the ballroom which can host up to 700 delegates - make it the biggest conference hotel in the city center. Sightseers can take a walk to a host of parks, theaters and museums, including the Grand Place and Royal Museum of Fine Arts, in 15 minutes or less.