The Intern/Trainee will gain an overview of the host organization, community, and be introduced to the company's personnel structure and resources that will be a part of his overall program.
In this program you will prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing food. Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables.
Weigh, measure, and mix ingredients.
Prepare and cook food according to recipes, quality standards, presentation standards, and food preparation checklist.
Prepare cold foods.
Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers.
Test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently.
Monitor food quality while preparing food. Set-up and break down work station.
Serve food in proper portions onto proper receptacles.
Wash and disinfect kitchen area, tables, tools, knives, and equipment.
Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food.
Nombre de postes: 5
Housing is Host Company Assisted however, it is provided for the first 14 days at a reduced rate
- Culinary degree or similar background
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment, work under pressure and meet deadlines with particular attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly on various levels to include senior management, guests, vendors, and associates.
- Ability to get along well with others, to demonstrate flexibility and patience, to work as a member of a team.
- Good knowledge of food trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, food cost controls, and presentations are helpful.
Langue requise: Anglais.
We’re international recruiting experts and cultural exchange enthusiasts. We help employers and individuals around the globe find each other to create business-expanding and life-enriching relationships. We’ve got the experience, expertise and credentials to match employer needs with great international talent.
After 30 years in the hospitality and tourism industry, service runs through our veins. We understand your need to provide memorable service to be able to compete, and we know that you rely on the best people to help deliver those incredible experiences. When you hold up a mirror, your employees are the best reflection of your business. That’s where we can help