Unbeatable location in the exclusive Avenida Diagonal, main Avenue of the city and easily connected with the Barcelona International Airport at 15 minutes by car, Sants High Speed Central train station at 5 min and 10 minutes to the Main Convention Centres. Walking distance to main luxury shopping malls, restaurants and FC Barcelona Stadium. After a full renovation in 2012 the Hilton Barcelona is a newly-designed and contemporary business upscale hotel for a full experience in Barcelona. Wake up in one of the 290 contemporary and newly-designed Rooms and Suites.
Amazing indoor spaces reflect Barcelona’s soul throughout light, wide open spaces and the perfect spot for welcome receptions. Create a successful event with our 18 versatile meeting rooms, 1800m2/ 36900 sq. feet conveniently distributed over two floors. Divisible main ballroom, 4.70 meters/15.41 sq. feet ceiling height and capacity up to 580 attendees. Adjacent foyer area with natural daylight ideal for breaks, cocktails and exhibitions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSABILITIES:
Drive total hotel revenue and hence profitability, take responsibility for the achievement of budgeted revenue streams for the hotel;
Develop and execute sales strategies through preparation of a strategic sales plan, implementation and administration of the sales budget;
Develop the sales and marketing strategy for the hotel, plan and manage its implementation, liaising closely with key stakeholders (General Managers, Revenue Manager) and be responsible for communication of this strategy to the team.
Generate intrusion plans where there is risk of loss to new build or conversion competition.
Build and maintain strong internal and external relationships to support the long term stability of the business, providing customer service that is beyond the expectation of the client.
Understand competitive landscape, local and feeder market dynamics, and changing customer needs to ensure property success.
To manage the portfolio of corporate, leisure, airline and MICE accounts and other active files liaising with the KADs and KAMs of the brands.
To initiate action plans for developing prospects and new business opportunities.
To profile and action leads which fall within the corporate and meeting market.
To develop action plans for achievement of room night and ADR rate goals for transient & groups;
To carry out focused and innovate promotional activity e.g. familiarization trips, educational site inspections, mailings and incentives.
To participate in sales blitzes, trade shows, workshops and sales trips as appropriate with a measured ROI and proper documented follow up.
To maintain full and accurate knowledge of competitive sets of the hotel.
Gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognizing patterns and relationships in data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems; evaluate strengths, weaknesses and consequences of alternative solutions and approaches to solving problems.
Within established parameters, and working closely with Revenue Management, quote and negotiate prices with customers and customer representatives, and draw up contracts to close the transaction.
Ensure that all sales related activities support customer satisfaction, retention and new business development goals. Proactively position the hotels as a business leaders in the community.
Take responsibility for the delivery of the annual Sales and Marketing planning process for the portfolio, fully understanding the Marketing requirements, and the required budgetary guidelines, to enable empowered decisions in all rate negotiations
Liaise with General Manager and Hotel Managers to deliver specific hotel marketing projects such as direct marketing, production of sales collateral and advertising campaigns. Ensure full compliance with all Brand Marketing programs.
Lead the Sales RFP approach to Wish Want Walk for both brands ensuring timely delivery of business cases to the brands, market knowledge and quality WWW plans that stand up to scrutiny and most of all a successful conclusion to the RFP season.
Manage the team to ensure the efficient day to day operation of the Sales and Marketing Department and that all revenue and profitability targets are achieved.
Conduct six monthly performance appraisals for all direct reports, ensuring that pre-agreed objectives are achieved. Where required, identify appropriate development and career opportunities for each team members to ensure high levels of motivation.
· Ensure a consistent way of working in the department, aligned by set SOP’s and guidelines.
· Direct day-to-day activities, plan and assign work, and establish performance and development goals for team members.
· Be motivated, committed and enthusiastic, seizing opportunities to learn new skills or knowledge in order to improve team performance.
· Provide mentoring, coaching, and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
· Educate and train team members in compliance with brand and service standards, and governmental regulations. Ensure staff has the tools, training, and equipment to carry out job duties.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
· Recommend and/or initiate salary, disciplinary, or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with hotel or company rules and policies.
· Have an active role in the recruitment of new team members if applicable, participate in the screening, interviewing, referencing etc.
· Be able and willing to assist other team members to provide cover during holidays or other periods as required.
Participate and initiate departmental meetings, team briefings and project work and support other team members and provide assistance when necessary to ensure the team collectively achieve their goals.
· Attend appropriate training courses as and when required and be able to train other members of staff to the required standard for any chosen task.
· Build long term, commercially beneficial relationships within your customers/clients and guests.
· Ensure a great experience throughout the whole sales process.
Ensure accurate and customer focused correspondence with clients and stakeholders.
Handle all administrative tasks in an efficient and timely manner.
Keep departments and customers updated in a timely manner.
Have a sound knowledge of all technical systems and procedures relating to the role.
Contribute to the development and fine-tuning of the systems in place within the office.
Maintain an effective filing system as directed including past records.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the Director of Operations based upon the particular requirements of the portfolio.
Professionally represent the hotel in community and industry organizations and events.
Participate as team player with other central team members.
Provide constructive feedback to all departments.
Additional duties as necessary and assigned.
· You are accountable for the budgeted revenue of the hotel.
· You have responsibility to recruit, train & develop your team.
· Build & maintain relationships with the brand, internal stakeholders and clients.
· Open-ended full-time contract
· Bonus Award Participation, Target currently 20% on gross annual salary
· Local social security and pension agreements and benefits
· Business Mobile and computer for personal use
· Complimentary laundry of business clothing
· Complimentary use of online Training platform Hilton Worldwide University/School of Sales
· Eligible for staff rate bookings for all Hilton Worldwide Brands
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
· Must be proficient in writing, speaking and negotiating in English and local language;
· Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written;
· Extensive knowledge of sales skills;
· Extensive knowledge of revenue management;
· Knowledge of hotel and competitive market;
· Ability to analyse data and establish appropriate action plans
· Ability to priorities tasks & to manage workload using own initiative
· Ability to multi-task & work under pressure with limited resources
· Ability to appreciate “the big picture”, whilst having a talent for detail & an inherent thoroughness in task approach, follow-up & completion
· Excellent computer skills - sound knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation & software packages, email, internet & intranet systems
· Foreign language skills preferred
· Previous experience in hotel, travel & tourism, service sector preferred
· Ability to inspire confidence & gain credibility
· Ability to maintain complete confidentiality at all times
· High degree of personal loyalty & integrity
· Team player – with a sense of humor even in the face of adversity!
Langue requise: Anglais. Espagnol est un plus
Enjoy the convenient location in the heart of Barcelona’s financial district at the Hilton Barcelona hotel. Travel to the hotel by car from Barcelona International Airport in just 15 minutes and from Sants Train Station in five. Walk for just five minutes to reach the Maria Cristina underground station or take a bus from in front of the hotel. Both options provide easy access to explore the many attractions of Barcelona and the city center.
Settle in to a contemporary guest room with city views and amenities for work and relaxation including WiFi, a work desk and 32-inch plasma TV. Choose the Executive Room with a separate working area and exclusive access to the Executive Lounge with complimentary continental breakfast and refreshments, or select a fantastic suite for your comfortable accommodations.
Stay connected with WiFi access in all public areas or visit the business center for an array of supportive and useful professional services including printing, faxing, photocopying and express mail. Host events and meetings in Barcelona, taking advantage of the 17 meeting rooms, professional expertise of the events team, and A/V equipment available for hire.
Wind down after a busy day with a workout in the 24-hour fully equipped fitness center, or gather with friends and colleagues for a cocktail and tapas at The Vibe Bar and Terrace. Savour Mediterranean cuisine paired with the perfect glass of wine in Mosaic Restaurant. In the summer months enjoy the sunshine on one of two