Join us in Orange County, California and live in one of the nation's top vacation destinations with year-round sunshine, picturesque beaches, premiere attractions and a lively dining and arts scene.
The award-winning AAA 5-Diamond Waldorf Astoria Monarch Beach Resort & Club
is looking for a Assistant Director of Finance
to join the leadership team!
Located in the beautiful coastal town of Dana Point adjacent to Laguna Beach, this town played an iconic role in the emergence of California's surf culture and today is celebrated for its laid-back vibe and fun, active lifestyle.
The resort is perched on 175 acres atop a 150-foot seaside bluff with over 400 rooms, 115,000 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting space, and 8 food and Beverage outlets. This includes 4 restaurants, a beach club, lounge, marketplace, and IRD.Want to learn more? Hotel Website
, Instagram What will I be doing?
As the Assistant Director of Finance, you would be responsible for assisting in the direction and administration of all financial operations of the hotel in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
What are we looking for?
- Manage the department to include, but not limited to, managing special projects, monitoring and developing team member performance, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations, delivering recognition and reward, recruiting, interviewing and training team members
- Directly oversee Accounts Receivable, Credit and Night Audit functions
- Prepare budget and maintain spending controls to ensure budgetary limits are met
- Prepare annual depreciation schedules for furniture, equipment, building supplies, revisions and alterations
- Review and approve all ledger account reconciliations including, but not limited to, bank statements, assets liabilities and credit cards
- Coordinate and review monthly financial statements for accuracy and monitor coding of cash receipts
- Assist Director with internal daily audits of cash deposits, transfers and preparation for and monitoring of the capital budget
- Prepare financial reports, prepare utilities and telephone accruals, monitor records of inventory and ensure compliance with all established billing and credit standards
- Review and approve tax returns to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations
- Monitor, approve and prepare daily payroll accounts and issue all paychecks
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!The Benefits
– Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture ranking #2 Best Company To Work For in the U.S.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members so they can Thrive personally and professionally in a diverse and inclusive environment, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as:
Salary Range: The annual salary range for this role is $90,000 - $100,000 and is based on applicable and specialized experience and location.
- Access to your pay when you need it through DailyPay
- Health insurance
- Career growth and development
- Team Member Resource Groups
- Recognition and rewards programs
- Go Hilton travel discount program
- Best-in-Class Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Supportive parental leave
- Employee stock purchase program (ESPP) - purchase Hilton shares at 15% discount
- Debt-free education : Access to a wide variety of educational credentials (ex. college degrees, high school completion, English-language learning, digital literacy, professional certificates and more)