With thousands of hotels in over 100 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. In addition to our flagship brand, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, the family of brands includes Waldorf Astoria, LXR, Conrad, Canopy, Curio Collection, DoubleTree, Hilton Garden Inn, Hampton and many others.
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
Cluster IT Manager is responsible for the implementation of Information Technology in the three Perth hotels in accordance with Hilton’s Information Technology strategies and priorities, as well as measuring information technology costs, benefits and performance in the hotel and providing this information to hotel management and the Regional Information Systems Manager.
What will I be doing?
As the Cluster IT Manager, you will be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
• Maximize and protect hotel profitability through the leverage of information technology, training and operational best practices.
• Maximize opportunities to reduce IT costs through effective purchasing and negotiating maintenance contracts.
• Identify and propose opportunities to augment revenue.
• Responsible for timely preparation and submission of all IT budgets.
• Responsible for the management and control of all IT expense according to an agreed plan.
• Ensure a business continuity plan is established and tested for all parts of the business.
• Ensure the highest possible IT service is provided to the agreed standards and best practices.
• Work with Business Management to expedite access and better utilization of information.
• Implement and exploit telephony services to HI minimum defined standards.
• Ensure guest IT queries are managed to defined standards with minimal risks.
• Ensure brand standards are communicated and maintained for guest and business Service.
• Ensure the hotels adopt and maintain brand standards for guests and business services in relation to IT services and offerings. • Consistently promote the brand and encourage the use of the brand by IT suppliers.
• Ensure IT resources are maintained in the hotel to support the commercial and business needs.
• Identify and ensure all hotel data has ownership and accountability within the organization.
• Provide IT support to other Hilton hotels when required.
• Cross train other hotel IT personnel to provide cover.
• Maintain standards and best practices in the hotel and evaluate compliance.
• Manage and monitor local vendors and / or local representatives of global / area vendors.
• Ensure that hotel data is secured and in line with stated standards and best practices.
• Ensure regular self-evaluations of IT practices are completed and communicated, ensuring machine room access registration and safety.
• Source, evaluate and implement local solutions where appropriate within a framework agreed by Area V.P. IT.
• Ensure access control is in line with stated standards and best practices.
• Complete disaster recovery drills regularly to familiarize operational departments with manual bookkeeping procedures.
• Communicate status, risks, opportunities to GM, hotel management and Regional & Area IT management.
• Adhere to the hotel’s security and emergency policies and procedures.
• Ensure that all team members have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotel’s team member rules and regulations.
• Manage local implementation projects.
• The Management reserves the right to change / extend this job description if necessary, at any point of time during her / his employment.
• Carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities.
What are we looking for?
An Assistant Information Systems Manager serving Hilton Brands is always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
• University degree and above.
• IT major and certified.
• At least 1-year experience as the Assistant Manager or 2 years of supervisory experience in the hospitality industry.
• Possess all system skills and proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, etc.
• Proficient in English and Chinese to meet business needs.
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travellers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!