Looking for an exciting career opportunity? Expand your career and knowledge by joining our team as a Director of Lodging at the Embassy Suites Resort Panama City Beach Florida. Maybe you have experience as a director or are in a Senior Rooms position ready for your next step, come join St. Joe Hospitality Hotels and Resorts. We are seeking a dynamic director to lead a solid team to new opportunities. Our 255 Suites full-service resort with multi-Food & Beverage venues overseeing the white sand beaches of Northwest Florida is in the heart of the Pier Park area.
Job Summary: The purpose of Director of Lodging & Guest Experience is to direct, supervise and provide leadership for the Front Office, Housekeeping, Security, and bell staff including Parking Management. This position is responsible for the efforts to achieve the highest levels of Guest Satisfaction, quality service, and compliance with Hilton and St. Joe Hospitality policies and procedures while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
· Cover the duties of the General Manager in their absence
· Plan and execute a rolling strategic plan for division development, capital projects, and asset depreciation on a 5-year basis
· Develop and execute capital planning for the division
· Maintain a cohesive relationship with accounting and maximize efforts with Night Auditors to assist in financial production and accuracy
· Assist Department Managers with recruiting/hiring/training of Front Office, Housekeeping, Security and Bell staff.
· Project Manage in small scale renovations and upgrades, work with vendors and contractors on new projects
· Implement programs and manage the lodging location Operation for the Front Office, Housekeeping, Security, Parking and Fitness Center Operations, to ensure compliance with SOPs and to ensure an optimal level of quality service and hospitality are provided to the guests
· Assist Front Office, Housekeeping, Security, Bell staff, Valet Parking and Fitness when necessary.
· Assist in development, implementation and monitoring the departmental budgets, annual contracts to maximize revenue and minimize expenses while ensuring adequate supplies and staff are on hand to provide top quality guest service
· Manage dynamic vendor and contract labor relationships, maximize efforts in obtaining the best quality and price
· Maintain a close working relationship with Engineering, ensuring proper Preventive Maintenance is occurring
· Ensure adherence of St. Joe Hospitality to all AAA and Forbes Travel Guide Standards to obtain or exceed our current goals
· Maintain a cohesive relationship with the Marketing, Reservations, and Sales Team to enhance communication with the daily Rev Max opportunities. Manage room blocks to effectively maximize revenue and occupancy for the resort.
· Forecast, re-forecast and budget Day by Day Departmental Budgets to ensure a strong foundation for St. Joe Hospitality Lodging and Fitness financials
· Run accurate room status reports in a timely manner and relay necessary information to affected departments and individuals. Ensure VIPs, room assignments and special requests are handled
· Update room block information; maintain and be familiar with future group files and room blocks. Monitor and prepare group requirements and relay necessary information to affected departments and individuals. Attend Pre-Con Meetings and Meet with Meeting Planners and Group Contacts as needed
· Resolve guest complaints; anticipate potential problems by reviewing and monitoring complaints, operational issues, and business flow and associate performance to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and quality assurance. Oversee management responses to all complaints/compliments via incoming inquiries or social media sites
· Manage the Human Resources in the departments in order to attract, retain, and motivate the employees; hire, train, develop, empower, coach and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communication vehicles, discipline and terminate, as appropriate. Maintain and promote the Embassy Suites and St Joe Company core values and service culture to provide positive and exceptional guest service and meet defined customer satisfaction requirements
· Manage and maintain high levels of management leadership development and training in the departments. Ensure training and development plans for all departments.
· Maintain good working relationships and open lines of communication with all other departments. Monitor and maintain the operational systems and equipment to ensure their optimum performance
· Perform special projects, reports and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested
· Oversee and monitor the guest experience across all departments to ensure they consistently provide a superior guest experience
· All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
· Four-year college degree preferred or equivalent education/experience
· Previous senior multi-department or divisional experience
· Experience in project management is preferred
· Three to five years of lodging experience in a luxury resort environment
· Sufficient education and literacy needed to identify and read product labels and to communicate with guests about job-related needs
· Ability to read write and speak and communicate in basic English preferred
· Ability to resolve and troubleshoot problems individually
· Experience managing a large team in a high-volume guest-focused environment
· Proven track record of continuously improving the customer experience across all functions
· Proven effective customer service skills, whether in person or by other communication methods
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
· Detail oriented and thorough
· Ability to remain discreet and respect the privacy of guests
· Ability to perform consistent work to the highest of standards
· Ability to interact with guests in a pleasant friendly way
· Knowledge of POS systems and member-based systems
· Ability to resolve and troubleshoot problems individually
· Ability to lead a team effectively and efficiently
· Knowledge of trending hospitality processes
· Ability to perform critical analysis and manage a wide-range of information
· Excellent time management skills
· Ability to interact well with fellow team members and leadership from other resorts and departments
· Computer skills: Windows, MS Word, Excel, Outlook
· Ability to achieve excellent member/guest relations and maximize guest satisfaction
· Strong leadership and management skills
· Commitment to the highest levels of hospitality, staff development and guest relations
· Frequent standing, bending, and keyboarding
· Occasional walking, climbing stairs, and driving
· Occasionally reaching and lifting over the head
· Must be able to lift 50lbs
· Seldom sitting, kneeling, crouching, and climbing
· Primarily indoor
· Occasionally outdoor
· Possible exposure to extreme heat or cold depending on season
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed and are not an exclusive list of all duties and responsibilities. St. Joe Hospitality reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs.
Company Vision & Values
Our team at St. Joe is made up of servant-hearted leaders who are passionate about hospitality and relentless in our pursuit of excellence. We value integrity and uphold our company’s standards in providing Southern hospitality at its finest. We believe that excellence is in the details, so we strive to enrich each guest experience by getting things right from the very first time.
Full time team members are eligible for benefits after 30 days of employment. These Florida Blue benefits include a traditional PPO plan with co-payments, a high deductible PPO plan with a Health Savings Account (H.S.A.), or an HMO (Health Managed Organization). If you select the plan with the H.S.A, the company contributes to your account (prorated based on start date).
There are two dental plans through MetLife; one with traditional coverage and one with orthodontic coverage. Our vision plan is through EyeMed. St. Joe covers the cost of the short-term disability insurance, so you are always covered in the event of an unexpected illness. We cover a percentage of the cost for your long-term disability insurance. We want you to not have financial stress if life throws you a curve.
We know that you do not want to work for the rest of your life and St. Joe is committed to helping you achieve that goal. Our 401K plan is managed through Vanguard and is a safe harbor plan which holds a guarantee of our commitment to matching your contributions. We match 100% of your first 3% of your earnings and 50% of your next 2%.
This job posting is for a position at a hotel that is owned and operated by an independent franchisee. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, salary, benefits and compensation decisions, and the collection and processing of the personal data that you provide on this website. If you accept this position, you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Hilton. You will not be eligible from compensation or benefits from Hilton. You will be eligible for compensation or benefits only as may be provided to you by the independent franchisee.