As Events Services Manager, you are responsible to execute all aspects of the convention resume and corresponding arrangements between the hotel and customer during the meeting or event. Furthermore, you will act as liaison between the customer and the hotel by directing each department within the hotel as to their specific role in the on-site convention.
Successful achievement of this goal will ultimately result in a major contribution to the re-booking of group business for future dates, maximizes revenues through effective up-selling of products and services and promotes services for future group business.What will I be doing?
- Directly serves on site group and catering customers in a proactive manner relative to logistics of group room block, food and beverage, public meeting space/exhibit hall, ancillary and vendor services, affiliates/exhibitors and related billing processes.
- Provides direction and supervision to responsible operating departments and team members during execution of meeting, banquet functions and/or event.
- Participates in internal and external meetings as determined by the Director of Events i.e. menu review, department, operational department pre shifts etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge of job systems, products, systems, and processes.
- Resolve conflicts and negotiate with others while handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts.
- Make decisions and solve problems by analyzing and evaluating the issues and determine the best solution.
- Ensure high quality service by communicating and assisting others to understand the guest needs, providing direction and guidance, feedback and individual coaching when needed.
- Oversees and assists in the physical movement of hotel or customer equipment or furnishings as necessary to complete a tight turn-around of public function space.
- Assists customers with the set-up of their event, as needed.
- Other duties as necessary based on business needs.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established by Hilton from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, team members may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.What are we looking for?
• Minimum Years of Experience: one (1) year Hospitality related experience.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
• Knowledge of the hotel property management systems (Delphi.fdc)
• Relevant degree, in business development or other relevant business field, from an academic institution (CMP, CPCE)
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands
. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!*The hourly rate for this position is $26/hr - $36.40/hr based on experience*