Hilton Stockholm Slussen is looking for a dedicated Operations Manager who has passion for hospitality and leadership and wants to be part of an international organization with the possibility of an international career. Hilton is one of the world's largest hotel companies with over 6000 hotels in more than 100 countries. Hilton Stockholm Slussen is a full service hotel located with a view over the old town. In addition to the 289 guest rooms and large meeting facilities, we operate several F&B outlets. At Hilton Stockholm Slussen you will be part of an energetic and competent team and report directly to the General Manager.
The Operations Manager position is a key leadership role responsible for the operational departments of the hotel.
You will be driving quality and guest satisfaction at the same time run the operation with focus on productivity. You have a track record from other leadership roles within hospitality and enjoy leading a team towards quality- and financial targets. You also have a passion for F&B as the hotel has a high share of F&B revenues.
This role will drive the planning and execution of the operational strategy and activity by working closely to the department managers and teams in the daily operations of the hotel. We also expect this role to seize new opportunities through strong customer relations and to work as an ambassador for Hilton and work close with our key stakeholders. The Operations Manager is also responsible for developing F&B commercial activities in conjunction with senior management.
As an Operations Manager, you will lead, coach, develop, recruit and retain future talents. You will manage performance, develop and evaluate the department managers on the agreed KPI’s. To achieve this you are a confident user of Excel and similar tools when driving and presenting results. You will be responsible for performing the following key tasks to the highest standards:
Qualifications - What are we looking for?
- Provide effective leadership to the operational management team and team members to ensure targets are met and exceeded
- Review and renegotiate supplier contract together with the department managers
- Respond to audits that are completed by the company to ensure continual improvement is achieved
- Plan, direct and coordinate the service delivery of all operational departments in order to meet and exceed guest expectations.
- Seek and respond to Guest feedback in order to achieve positive outcomes and high levels of guest satisfaction
- Comply and exceed hotel and company Brand Service Standards
- Ensure that costs are controlled throughout the operational departments and results are analyzed regularly to highlight problem areas and take appropriate proactive action
- Assist the development of meaningful, achievable hotel budgets and other short and long term hotel strategic goals
- Manage and develop the Department managers to ensure career progression and effective succession planning within the hotel and company
- Ensure effective communication and collaboration between all operational departments and the commercial department
- Minimum of 3 years hospitality industry experience in an operational leadership role with a passion for F&B.
- A degree in Hotel management or similar
- Strong leadership skills to effectively manage and motivate the team to achieve high level of performance and exceed targets
- Strong commercial acumen within rooms and F&B
- Great knowledge working with excel as a working and analyzes tool
- Experience in managing budgets, revenue proposals and forecasting results
- Accountable and resilient
- Flexible and agile
- Passionate for the hospitality and service industry
- Fluent in English and conversational in Swedish.
It would be advantageous in this position for you to have held department manager roles within the hospitality industry. What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day.
Our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all! Thrive at Hilton is our Team Member Value Proposition. It supports the well-being and performance of our Team Members with industry-leading benefits, recognition and support to meet your professional needs.
Hilton Stockholm Slussen has been listed on the Great Place to Work Sweden 2022 as the only hospitality company for our great culture, benefits and team member engagement.
As a Hilton team member you will enjoy access to GO Hilton, team member travel program with discounted rates at hotels all over our beautiful world.
Other team member benefits offered at Hilton and Hilton Stockholm Slussen includes:
- Hilton University courses including development programs such as Harvard for your development.
- Access to ComPsych Employee Assistance Program with free local counselling for mental wellness, family and other personal problem as well as support with financial advice
- Local health insurance
- Local pension benefits
- Free access to the local gym
- Parental Pay