Description du poste
The Global Legal team is responsible for administering Hilton's legal activities to ensure maximum protection while engaging in global business and ensuring compliance with the company's legal obligations.
What will I be doing?
As the Paralegal, Legal Development Americas, you will be responsible for providing professional paralegal support for the Legal Development Americas team. The main focus of the team is to support the franchise application and contract processes, which may include new development, change of ownership, relicensing, room addition, permitted transfer, lender comfort letter, and other miscellaneous transactions. You will be committed to conducting required compliance due diligence, drafting contracts and amendments and related correspondence, communicating with franchise applicants/owners, monitoring licensing and pre-opening requirements/deadlines, maintaining accurate database information for new and existing hotel projects, and other document management tasks. You will escalate legal issues above delegated parameters to senior Legal Development Americas team members. We will need you to also handle special projects as assigned by senior Legal Development Americas teammates.
More specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Assist a Contract Manager by coordinating, processing, and distributing Development Authority packets for committee approval, monitoring the circulation process, and following up with committee members to ensure timely signatures.
- Build positive working relationships internally with Development, Architecture and Construction, Market Analysis, Brands, and Legal Compliance, as well as externally with franchise applicants, owners, and their representatives.
- Under the supervision of a Contract Manager, draft, proof, copy and issue legal documentation, including franchise agreements, guarantees, amendments, lender comfort letters, approval, and consent letters.
- Follow up with franchise applicants, owners, and their delegates to ensure accurate execution and return of contracts and related documents.
- Manage internal company notices of approved franchise applications and completed or terminated franchise agreements.
- Monitor hotel projects to handle post-opening confirmations.
- Prepare deposit memos for application and processing fee payments, and request any related refunds.
- Perform initial entry of franchise application information, contact information, and franchise agreement terms into the Hilton proprietary database and continually update information as new or additional information is received to ensure reporting requirements are met and data integrity is maintained.
- Manage paper and electronic records in accordance with policies and procedures throughout the lifecycle of a franchise application/hotel project, ensuring that all records are maintained accurately and timely.
- Recommend process improvements to increase efficiency.
What are we looking for?
We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Excellent interpersonal and strong communications skills
- Proven ability to perform well under deadline pressure
- Excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to solve problems effectively and creatively while maintaining a high level of flexibility, professionalism, and integrity
- Forward-thinking self-starter who exhibits flexibility, drive, good judgment, dependability, and ambitiousness
- Accountable individuals who make great use of their time management skills to exceed in meeting deadlines, communicating results, and recommending improvements
- Leadership approach with the skills for building positive partnerships and working with cross-functional teams
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Three (3) years working in a corporate legal department or law firm
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Teams)
- Experience with PDF applications such as Adobe
It would be useful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree OR Paralegal Certificate
- Five (5) years working in a corporate legal department or law firm
- Franchise contracts or similar transactional legal experience
- Familiarity with franchise laws
What is it like working for Hilton?
The future of hospitality is bright at Hilton: a leading global hospitality company with a diverse portfolio of world-class brands. Dedicated to filling the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality, we have welcomed more than 3 billion guests in our more than 100-year history. Hilton is proud to have an award-winning workplace culture, and we are consistently named among one of the World’s Best Workplaces.
We support the mental and physical wellbeing of all Team Members, so they can Thrive, thanks to innovative programs and benefits such as workplace flexibility, career growth and development, and our Go Hilton travel discount program. Hilton prioritizes understanding and integrating our Team Members’ unique perspectives and voices—along with those of our Guests, Owners, Suppliers, and Partners—to cultivate a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Check out the Hilton Careers blog and Instagram to learn more about what it’s like to be on Team Hilton!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We will ensure that qualified individuals with protected disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions of his or her role, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Autres offres suggérées
- Security Officer - $500 SIGN ON BONUSSeattle, WA, United States
- Mini Bar Attendant - Conrad Fort Lauderdale BeachFort Lauderdale, FL, United States
- Sous Chef - Waldorf Astoria Park CityPark City, UT, United States
- Front Desk Agent - (P/T) Hilton Fort LauderdaleFort Lauderdale, FL, United States
- Guest Service Agent - Hampton Inn & Suites Rohnert ParkRohnert Park, CA, United States