Looking for an exciting career opportunity? Expand your career and knowledge by joining our team as a Wedding Manager at the Embassy Suites Resort Panama City Beach Florida. Maybe you have experience as an event planner or are in a Senior Sales position ready for your next step, come join St. Joe Hospitality Hotels and Resorts. Our 255 Suites full-service resort overseeing the white sand beaches of Northwest Florida is in the heart of the Pier Park area.
1. Prospect for new business – Internet prospecting, cold calling and contacting former clients to solicit new business and attends industry events/programs as needed.
2. Builds and maintains strong client relationships.
3. Responds in a timely manner to incoming group/catering business opportunities.
4. Ensures that all business is booked within hotel parameters.
5. Conducts hotel site inspections and client presentations both in person and virtually.
6. Create contracts and other related booking documentation as required including but not limited to activity tracking. Manage and maintain client account files.
7. Detail events to include all food & beverage, set up and audio-visual needs. Ask appropriate questions of the clients and make suggestions to ensure the details meet the group and the hotel’s needs.
8. Create group resumes and communicate client needs to all departments of the hotel. Ensure hotel staff follows through on all requests.
9. Use negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Knowledge of a hotel structure and how all departments interact. Ability to effectively communicate with customers in a friendly and positive manner, to solicit business, meet client needs and resolve complaints. Ability to move throughout the hotel to conduct site inspections.
Familiarity with hospitality industry practices preferred.
What are we looking for?
Hilton and St. Joe Hospitality have been leaders in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton and St. Joe Hospitality remain beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
· Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
· Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
· Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
· Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
· Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
· Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
· Customer Focus
Company Vision & Values
Our team at St. Joe is made up of servant-hearted leaders who are passionate about hospitality and relentless in our pursuit of excellence. We value integrity and uphold our company’s standards in providing Southern hospitality at its finest. We believe that excellence is in the details, so we strive to enrich each guest experience by getting things right from the very first time.
Full time team members are eligible for benefits after 30 days of employment. These Florida Blue benefits include a traditional PPO plan with co-payments, a high deductible PPO plan with a Health Savings Account (H.S.A.), or an HMO (Health Managed Organization). If you select the plan with the H.S.A, the company contributes to your account (prorated based on start date).
There are two dental plans through MetLife; one with traditional coverage and one with orthodontic coverage. Our vision plan is through EyeMed. St. Joe covers the cost of the short-term disability insurance, so you are always covered in the event of an unexpected illness. We cover a percentage of the cost for your long-term disability insurance. We want you to not have financial stress if life throws you a curve.
We know that you do not want to work for the rest of your life and St. Joe is committed to helping you achieve that goal. Our 401K plan is managed through Vanguard and is a safe harbor plan which holds a guarantee of our commitment to matching your contributions. We match 100% of your first 3% of your earnings and 50% of your next 2%.
This job posting is for a position at a hotel that is owned and operated by an independent franchisee. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel’s employment practices, including recruiting, hiring, salary, benefits and compensation decisions, and the collection and processing of the personal data that you provide on this website. If you accept this position, you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Hilton. You will not be eligible from compensation or benefits from Hilton. You will be eligible for compensation or benefits only as may be provided to you by the independent franchisee.