Around the world, Grand Hyatt hotels bring travel dreams to life by celebrating the iconic in small details and magnificent moments. Grand Hyatt hotels deliver welcoming and elevated service, first-class accommodations and an abundance of options within a multicultural backdrop of dramatic architecture and bold and vibrant design. Grand Hyatt hotels boast inventive restaurants, luxury spas, fitness centers, and business and meeting facilities.
Grand Hyatt Kuwait is looking for a dynamic Director of Sales and Marketing. As a member of the properties Executive Committee, the Director of Sales and Marketing is a highly visible role with exposure to Senior and Corporate leadership.
The Director of Sales and Marketing has direct oversight of the Sales and Marketing operation of the hotel. The role has responsibility of the Sales and Marketing Budget/P&L, revenue forecasting, advertising, marketing, developing and writing business plans, and ownership meetings. You will be responsible for the supervision of sales managers, trainees, interns, and administrative staff. Additional responsibilities include the recruitment and hiring of sales staff, training, managing and coaching sales managers in their selling process in order to meet company goals and maximize hotel revenues. The ability to train and monitor both the group and transient contractual agreement process, quoting rates, sending referrals, setting traces, and the management of retention, reactivation, and acquisition accounts.
This role reports directly to the General Manager and Regional Vice President of Sales responsible for the hotel. Communication and organizational skills are of the utmost importance.Qualifications
- 3 years’ sales leadership experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
- Luxury hotel experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds.
- Demonstrated history of success
- Results driven, energetic, and focused.
- Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
- Hotel/Hospitality degree an asset
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, proven track record in high volume concept, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line.
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Suites.