About Park Hyatt Sydney
Finding luxury in every detail, Park Hyatt hotels provide an experience of sophisticated, contemporary luxury. Located among the world’s premier cities and resort destinations, each custom-designed Park Hyatt hotel combines distinct regional character with elegant brand touches.The main duties and responsibilities for this role will include the following:
- Qualifying leads and preparing proposals for groups & events across a variety of market segments including meetings; residential conferences; corporate and social events; and weddings
- Undertaking hotel tours for clients; including entertaining when required
- Negotiating & contracting group & event business for the hotel
- Liaising with clients to coordinate all event requirements leading up to their event, whilst in-house; and at the conclusion of their event (including billing)
- Responsible for the completion of administration and execution of all planned events.
- Conducting seamless hand overs to the Operational team, ensuring client relationships are fostered.
- Communicate with culinary / event service and other operational departments to deliver a seamless event for our clients
- Attend weekly event revenue meetings and event service (operational) meetings
Working at Park Hyatt Sydney will include:
- Previous experience in an event service or event planning position
- Experience in a luxury environment will be advantageous.
- Strong attention to detail with exceptional organisational and time management skills.
- Committed to delivering events at an exceptional standard.
- Proficiency in the English language with clear written & oral communication skills
- The ability to build and maintain strong relationships with clients and identify key needs.
- Competent selling skills and a desire to exceed sales targets.
- Strong administrative & computer skills (knowledge of Opera will be an advantage)
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively as part of a small team.
- The ability to create a positive first impression.
- Immaculate grooming and personal presentation
- Tertiary qualifications in event management or equivalent will be advantageous
- Access to employee benefits such as complimentary shift meals, discounts for the Spa and all Food and Beverage outlets
- Access to complimentary and discounted Hyatt accommodation worldwide
- Access to internationally recognised learning and development programs and opportunities
- Access to an employee assistance program and paid family leave benefits
- Being part of a diverse and inclusive team, passionate about their work
A career with Hyatt opens a world of opportunities. We have continually been named one of the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces with the aim to create an authentic culture of care and service.
Our values of Empathy, Integrity, Respect, Inclusion, Experimentation and Wellbeing are at the core of what we do. Our family atmosphere is what keeps our associates highly engaged. To get a peek of how our colleagues experience the brand, check out #InAHyattWorld or #WorldofHyatt
If you are looking for a fulfilling career, please apply through www.careers.hyatt.com